One of our last big milestones....

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Jul 24, 2012.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This past weekend, we switched Annabella over to a full sized bed(finally!). It's what we did with the boys when they were three. We've just been so busy, that we haven't been able to for her, so she was a month later. Lol.

In any case, that's pretty much the last of the babyhood with this family. :cry: Everyone is potty trained, in full sized beds, no more sippy cups(she's the last of 'em, but doesn't get them often), and well....just growing up way too fast! I can't believe it! Next thing I know they will be going off to college and I will be beside myself!

But, she loves her bed. She looks so grown up in it and is full of smiles! However, she insists on blankets and pajamas, and it's really hot in there. The poor girl is covered in sweat! I got her a quilt from home goods that has yellow, pink, purple, and green in it. It's slowly coming together. I'm starting to think I may end up painting the walls at least two colors. We will see.

So-Any big changes going on at your house lately?

2. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Aren't these moments bittersweet?

My LOs are having their good bye party at our beloved daycare this afternoon. Next week (like nearly all 3 year olds in Germany) they will be starting "Kindergarten" which is a mix of pre-school to K and daycare, moving from more play-based to more academic over the three years they will attend.

I feel like you - they are so big and independent; since Christmas diapers (except for nights), sippies, strollers, baby carriers all left our lives.

I think I will still be catching up with them and myself for the next 18 years or so!

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We are closing in on five. Less than a month to go.

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

We are entering into our last year of preschool/daycare. They turn 5 in January and will be going to KDG next Fall.

And, I have an 8 year old...a 2nd grader!

The darn time just keeps ticking away. :faint: :cry:

5. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

My babies start Kindergarten in three weeks. ACK!!

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

My babies will be 3 which I don't understand because I cannot recall the last 3 years. We have one wearing underwear and one doing his best to stay dry in his pull up so he is allowed to wear underwear also.

7. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I forgot to mention the boys! Oops! Lol!

They will be starting pre k in September. They started back in March because Anthony started speech services. So it counts, but not really. :laughing: We will go out and buy first day of school outfit, take photos, etc.

And, they will be five in just over two months. Thanks for the reminder Bex! :cry:

Seriously-I swear I just gave birth! Darn you time!