one baby losing alot of hair

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by nicolina, Jun 27, 2007.

1. nicolina

nicolina Well-Known Member

my twin boy had alot of hair at birth and now is coming out in clumps? is this normal?
    my twin girl harldy any.. she was born with alot as well. so was my 3 1 /2 yr old.. she had alot too but I never saw it come out like this..
    any one have this problem with them?

2. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Yes, this is normal. I remember the nurses and pedi's telling us not to get so attached to my guys hair, because it was normal if it all came out. My guys never did... they say once it comes out, it grows back fuller.

3. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

My boys had full heads of hair at birth. In fact, one had hair so long it was past his ears and I had to give him a haircut at 6 days old! After a couple months, their original hair started falling out and new hair grew in at the same time. Because the new hair grew so fast, they were never "bald"... but they did lose all the hair they were born with. This is completely normal. I found it interesting that the new hair was a different color!

4. Laura56

Laura56 Well-Known Member

My nephew had some hair when he was born but lost it all about a month later. He lost it all off the top.. his older brother who was three at the time said he looked just like uncle vinnie.. who by the way was totally balding on top.. he had male pattern baldness! It was just so cute!!! But it grew back very quickly.

5. nicolina

thank you!

6. nicolepag

nicolepag Well-Known Member

I am not sure how old your babies are but if they are pretty young... yes this is normal. My daughter came out with a full head and shed most of it. :)

7. nicolina

QUOTE(nicolepag @ Jun 28 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]310253[/snapback]
    I am not sure how old your babies are but if they are pretty young... yes this is normal. My daughter came out with a full head and shed most of it. :)

they will be 3 months july 2nd

8. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

Mine have both lost a lot of of the hair on the top of their head. So they are looking more and more like great grandpa every day well at least the hair style. :rotflmbo: