on average...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Jul 30, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

on average, how many hours a day do your twins spend just 'sitting around?'

2. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

Well on a normal day we try to get out of the house at least once for shopping or errands or a walk. Then we rotate between playing in the pack and play, exersaucers and floor time (we do a lot of floor time lately). Then of course we're in and out of high chairs for feeding and I feed them bottles b/c they don't hold them yet. So I try to keep them moving as much as I can. I hope that answers your question, I feel like until babies are mobile they sit around a lot. :)

3. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

at two months, sitting around was ALL we did! i just rotated the place where we were sitting so they and mostly me didn't get too bored with the scenery..

now at 10 months, sitting still is a completely foreign concept and i sometimes long for the days of lounging[​IMG]

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At 2 months old I'd say sitting around is most of what we did all day. Now I can hardly get them to sit still for 5 minutes. LOL.

5. twinsontheway09

twinsontheway09 Active Member

My twins are the same ages as yours, so we can go at this together :) Mine also just sit around most of the time, I alternate one in swing one in bouncer one in the glider or the rocker and I also try to do tummy time a lot but they only like that for 2 minutes. I hold some of the times to or walk around with one in my carrier. They just like to stare at things so I try to switch it up as much as possible. They still sleep half the day as well.

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thats funny, my brain is obviously not working well this morning because my first thought was none! :laughing: But then I clued in, at 2 months that was pretty much all they did was sit around. I did try to move them from room to room to change up the scenery some, though.

7. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

ok - i feel bad sitting on the couch sometimes, lol
    glad we do about the same thing!

8. tfrost

tfrost Well-Known Member

Mine are still in the 'sitting around' phase too. Even though mine are 5 1/2 months old, they're only about 2-3 months old developmentally. So we're just now getting into the lifting up our heads and the very beginning stages of rolling over. Otherwise, sitting around is part of our morning routine. When they get really tired of tummy time and their activity mat, they seem to really enjoy watching me fold clothes and talk to them. I'll prop them on their boppies, give them their little blanket toys that they love to hold and chew on, and they just sit there and watch me. And this may not be the best thing in the world, but now that their vision is getting better, I'll turn on a really bright colorful cartoon or show like Miss Spider or Sesame Street while they're on their boppies. But that's usually only for 10 minutes or so during the day, and I'm always talking to them even while they seem fascinated by the TV.

9. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Same here!

10. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

At 4 mos we are running the circuit. Swings to bouncer to jumperoo/exersaucer to tummy on floor to bumbo...yawn. It is tiring but they do not like laying on their backs (they are too busy now) and have no interest in even a little bit of tv a day (that makes me sad - was hoping I could catch a break with sesame street or something..heh heh.) Right now I can't wait for them to walk but I know I will laugh someday when I long for these days when they can't get away from me. I can remember at 2 mos when I was wishing they would be a little more interested in toys. It is so great now that I can hand them a toy and they take it and chew on it. Of course, I had criers and at 2 mos I was doing a lot of bouncing and soothing because they didn't like things like bouncers. I do try to talk a walk a couple times a week but sometimes I cannot face the task of getting out the door.

11. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

Same here