OMG...we are having babies on Friday!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by runnergirl, Nov 22, 2006.

1. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

Ok, deep breath...I'm still trying to process all of this!! So, I had an OB appt today and still 1 cm dilated and Baby A is breech. NST looked fabulous, I had a few small contractions but nothing major. Blood pressure is still high-ish but nothing requiring any intervention.

So, my doctor said we need to discuss doing a c/s - maybe on Tuesday next week (Tues is her surgery day). I jokingly said, "how about this Friday" since my mom is here for Thanksgiving and flying back home on Sunday. My doctor made a comment about possibly not being able to get on the surgery schedule or be able to find another doctor to assist her and said she had to make some calls, review my chart and make sure it wasn't too soon for the babies. So, we waited about 20 min and she came back and said she felt good about doing it Friday, the babies look good, she has an assisting surgeous lined up and then sent me on my way to do pre-op paperwork and labs!

So, we are set for 11/24 at 12:30pm PST...it is a little odd knowing exactly when they will be born and I'm slightly nervous about having a c/s but feeling excited! Wish me luck!!!

2. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

Ok, deep breath...I'm still trying to process all of this!! So, I had an OB appt today and still 1 cm dilated and Baby A is breech. NST looked fabulous, I had a few small contractions but nothing major. Blood pressure is still high-ish but nothing requiring any intervention.

So, my doctor said we need to discuss doing a c/s - maybe on Tuesday next week (Tues is her surgery day). I jokingly said, "how about this Friday" since my mom is here for Thanksgiving and flying back home on Sunday. My doctor made a comment about possibly not being able to get on the surgery schedule or be able to find another doctor to assist her and said she had to make some calls, review my chart and make sure it wasn't too soon for the babies. So, we waited about 20 min and she came back and said she felt good about doing it Friday, the babies look good, she has an assisting surgeous lined up and then sent me on my way to do pre-op paperwork and labs!

So, we are set for 11/24 at 12:30pm PST...it is a little odd knowing exactly when they will be born and I'm slightly nervous about having a c/s but feeling excited! Wish me luck!!!

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! I can't wait to read your birth story!! What an extra special
    vist for your mom!!! Congratulations!!

4. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

Wow! Good luck to you -- I wish you a speedy and healthy delivery on Friday!

It's looking like Friday will be an exciting day for this board!

5. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

YAHOO!!! I am so excited for you!! And of course for your mom since she is going to be visiting. That is so awesome that your ob was able to make that happen! Wow, you and Sara on the same day!! We will all be waiting great news from you both!
    Lindy, mom to Stephanie

6. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

How exciting! Soo much to be thankful for! Good luck!

7. Colette P.

Colette P. Well-Known Member

Wow! Best of luck! So nice that your mom will be able to be here! Can't wait for the update!

8. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

[​IMG] How great that your Mom will be here for it!! Can't wait to hear your birth story.

9. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! [​IMG]
    Helen

10. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

so excited for you....and maybe a little jealous...36 weeks still feels so FAR away [​IMG]

best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery.

Miriam

11. ENOB

ENOB Member

WOW you're babies will be here tomorrow. What a wonderful Thanksgiving present. I can't wait to hear all about your birtha nd see pictures of your little ones.

12. Marie_B

Marie_B Well-Known Member

Good luck! Can't wait to hear your birth story! Sending good vibes and prayers for an easy and uneventful delivery.

13. Cajuchopp

Cajuchopp Well-Known Member

Yay, Nicole! I am so happy for you, girl! I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best! New runner-people!! Can't wait to hear your story--and make sure you take care of yourself before taking care of the babies and you will all be fine!

[​IMG] Kristin