omg, still in shock...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ronee75, Mar 17, 2011.

1. ronee75

ronee75 Well-Known Member

I just found out that I'm pregnant again! :gah: Since I've had to have fertility help with all of my pregnancies (11yr old DD; 2yr old DD twins; an ectopic one in btw), I was SO not expecting this! If it wouldn't have been for the ultrasound I just had, I think I would still be in denial. But there's no denying that little heartbeat - still amazing the 3rd time around!

I was thinking of having one more, but not for like another year when the twins were more like 4yrs old (to deliver) - not the terrible 2's! I am freaking out a little bit about how I'm going to manage a newborn and 2 2yr olds. I would love some advice from some moms out there that have had the same experience and lived to tell about it. Seriously, any advice would be good. Besides still being completely shocked, I am majorly nausous already :bad: and a bit moody, so I'm hoping some good stories and support will help me feel better. Thanks in advance ladies! :help:

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :hug: I know you are shocked now and scared about how it will all work out but you will do fine. :good: Must be something in the water because I got myself a surprise pregnancy after dealing with infertility. :faint: But my two are older. Good luck mama, :youcandoit:

3. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Wow omg thats amazing. Congratulations :D

4. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Congratulations! What a special surprise!!!

5. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Woo hoo!!! Great surprise! You'll do great!! My boys were 2y7m when Becca was born and they have been great big brothers to her and to our youngest little guy, Sam. Have faith!! Congrats!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wub: Congratulations! Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy!

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

It happens more often than not it seems! IVF here and then spontaneous twins 2 years later!

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

9. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! I had the shock of my life with my youngest (the twins were 4 months old) and it's worked out better then I could have ever expected.

10. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

WOW! Congratulations. Stories like this just make me smile.

11. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Congrats! Happened to us too. IVF for our twins, and DD was conceived a year later! You'll make it work. It's tough at times, but worth it!

12. rosenschaf

rosenschaf Well-Known Member

Congratulations! We did IVF with all three, so the age gap was on purpose, and it's definitely manageable! As PP said, it's a bit chaotic at times, but the boys adore her sister and with a pretty strict schedule, it can be done! Good luck!

13. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Me too. Such a blessing :wub:

14. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Congrats!