OMG crawling 6.5mo baby!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by chatongris, Mar 14, 2011.

1. chatongris

chatongris Well-Known Member

So my 6.5mo baby girl (baby a) started sitting independently, crawling, and pulling up to stand within the span of 1 week! Poor baby boy (baby b) still is barely rolling, can't sit, and is unsuccessfully trying to scoot. He gets SOOOO frustrated watching her crawl around and just stays on his belly crying. I feel so bad for him. Anyone else have twins with drastically different motor skills?

2. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Lol mine! My girl is working so hard. But my boy is so lazy to learn new things. He gets frustrated when seeing his Sis wAlks around with a walk n ride on toy. He just crawls behind her and says 'chacha' (meaning yeah yeah lol) my girl pushs on everything to walk. As long as my boy can catch up his sis by crawling I think he doesn't care if he can walk lol.

And now we let them climb the stairs to their room everyday. My girl is a pro. My boy just did not want to. But as soon as his sis is half way up, he speeds up and catch up lol. I always give them compliments. They love that. Don't worry he will get there. As soon as he decides 'I want to do that too' he will learn fast. Don't stress too much. Just enjoy. And welcome to the fun part of the first year. You will get dizzy with how fast they develop everyday

3. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Watch out, my middle DS started walking at 7 months. Sounds like she's definitely a mover!!!

4. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Yup, mine. My ds was about 6-7 months ahead of dd. I never felt bad for dd since ds served her hand and foot like a little princess. She would point at what she wanted and he would go get it for her.

the bad thing is that dd ended up delayed because she didn't even try to walk for a long time. Why should she when she had her built in "go-for." [​IMG]

5. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Mine were pretty close, but I did find that once one started doing something the other often followed. I bet B will catch up.

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Jazz walked at 10 mths not sure when she crawled. Jessy just didn't have the muscle tone to crawl or walk when jazz did. Jessy walked at 15.5 mths.

Jessy also conned jazz into bring her toys and everything else she wanted