Okay Vent about STTN Posts

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by AshleyLD, Feb 5, 2008.

1. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong i am so happy that all of your babies are STTN now.. BUT i am getting so agrivated that mine are not.. :( They are 5 months old and still waking every 3 HOURS!!! I am SOOOO tired and i just want them to sleep for a good 6 hour stretch!!!! Why cant i be the one posting/.."Yay they STTN!!!!"

ITS SO NOT FAIR!!!

okay.. I am done..

Thanks

2. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Mine are still not SSTN! It gets better, or so I'm told!

3. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

Hi, mine probably would but I have to wake them up to feed them no later than five hours. What seems to work is around 9ish give them a bath, than feed them then put them in their bed. My twins go out like a light and I get at least five hours of sleep, I would get more but like I said I have to wake them up. Good luck

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AshleyLD @ Feb 5 2008, 01:27 PM) [snapback]606762[/snapback]
    ITS SO NOT FAIR!!!

:hug99: It's not, but one day it WILL happen and then you can rub it in everyones faces that don't have babies STTN. ;)
    I hope it happens soon and you can get some sleep.

Are they eating every three hours during the day? :)

5. Caily

Caily Well-Known Member

Mine are just starting to, now that they are nine months old. Every baby is different and some need to keep that crazy schedule longer than others. Mine were just really hungry all the time for the first 8 months! Hang in there, it will get easier!!

6. Mimsy

Mimsy Well-Known Member

Hey, neither of mine STTN, they each wake 1-2 times, and they are almost 9-months old... I feel your pain.

7. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Just know you are in good company (or at least I like to think that): my girls are 9 months old and not STTN (Erica's definition = 10-12 hours with no interventions). In fact, last night, I know I fed them at midnight and 5, but I don't remember if I got up at 3 or not!!! Really, truly, I thought I got up, but then talking to my DH this morning, maybe I didn't!!! Who knows!

Hope you get some sleep soon (and if so, send the sleep fairy my way!)

Erica.

8. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

Well...mine statred at 3.5 months and then STOPPED! It will happen, don't worry.

9. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

my newest baby slept through the night since she was amonth old... BUT I have a two year old AND a five year old that STILL WAKE UP! Eventually they will all grow up and move out...I guess I will sleep then! LOL!!!

10. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I too, feel your pain! I can't wait for the day that I can post "THEY STTN!!!!" My boys still wake up every 3 hours (sometimes 2) and I'm exhausted! They've each had a few 5 hour stretches, but not at the same time, so it doesn't really count! Good luck, it will happen eventually- I keep telling myself that!! :)

11. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

I'm still with you, doing 1 night time feeding each (so getting up twice). They eat around 6-6:30pm, go to bed by 6:30-7pm & are up for the day around 6am, but I don't go to bed at 6:30pm like they do! They've each both made it through the night a few times & my one was pretty consistent for a week until he got sick. I did a modified CIO last night & he made it 13.5 hrs (not by my choice...I was going to feed him at 11 hrs but finally just fed him at 13.5 when he wasn't fussing yet!), so I KNOW he can do it! I'm going to work with my other one once he's healthy enough (he's only taken in 4 oz today...how can I expect him to STTN on that?) & am hopeful that by 9 mos, we'll surely be STTN (an occasional wake up to soothe doesn't bother me...I just hate to wake & feed!)......

Hang in there, it'll come. Or so I keep telling myself & all the people who look at me like I'm crazy to be feeding my boys in the middle of the night still (they're 18 & 20 lbs). I also point out that they DO go 8-10 hrs, which is qualified as STTN by the books, but I won't call them STTN til they go from me putting them to bed til them waking for the day (which is usually 11-12 hrs).

I almost don't know what sleep is like anymore ;)......

12. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

Don't worry- only one of mine is.... the other.... well, not so much- and I don't really see that changing any time soon. :p

13. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

:hug99: sorry Ashley, I can relate. Mine didn't sleep through the night until they were about 12 months old.

It was shocking to me since my dd#1 STTN at 6 week and ds#1 STTN at 7 months. I thought 7 months was bad until the twins came along!

Hang in there.

14. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you sister!! Mine are 9 months and I still have to get up usually twice each night for one reason or another. When mine were your age they went through a really rough stage where it felt like they were newborns again and I was a walking zombie. That passed though and I can usually count on them sleeping better than they did when they were 6 weeks old. They wake up more than 2x a night now but I don't always get up I will usually let them fuss for a little while hoping they will go back to sleep.

15. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Mine were between 8 and 9 months before they STTN, and I know that's good compared to some folks. I appreciate it though but I hardly have grounds for bragging about it. Heck...I enjoyed it when they finally slept 5 hours straight starting at 6.5 months. That was a dream come true.

16. AshleyLD

they eat every 2 - 3 hours during the day. I guess its not as bad as other people.. But i am still getting up and making 6 different bottles from 11pm-5 or 6 am. And they go to bed at 7pm! They can barely make it to 7

17. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Another "You're not the only one!" post here! My babies had a brief phase of STTN or almost around 5-6 mo, and have rarely done so ever since. They do go long stretches, though, so I just don't have the heart to CIO yet.

Poor mama, you must be so tired! I hope your babies start giving you some good LONG stretches soon. :hug99:

18. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Well, most people aren't going to making announcements that their babies aren't sleeping through the night are they. :) My girls didn't sleep through until 10 months old and Dax was 9 months. I've personally only ever known one baby who STTN before 6 months so I count the ones on here that do as very lucky. :D

19. mylove-toyou

mylove-toyou Well-Known Member

Dont feel too bad, mine are only 3 weeks and I wish they'd sleep a few more hours between feedings! :rolleyes:

20. Kristensnow

Kristensnow Well-Known Member

My babies are the same! They are just over 5 months and wanting to eat on average every 2 1/2 hours around the clock...they're getting humongous! Today just happens to be the day where I am going to try to put an end to the night wakings - I have read, researched and am hopefully emotionally ready for the crying that I know will happen. Please know that I am right there with you...I remember you from the pregnancy forum and knew that we were going through everything together at around the same time. Maybe tonight during one of your feedings you can know that there is someone else out there with twins the same age awake at probably the same time!! :)

21. AshleyLD

QUOTE(kristensnow @ Feb 5 2008, 04:49 PM) [snapback]607534[/snapback]
    My babies are the same! They are just over 5 months and wanting to eat on average every 2 1/2 hours around the clock...they're getting humongous! Today just happens to be the day where I am going to try to put an end to the night wakings - I have read, researched and am hopefully emotionally ready for the crying that I know will happen. Please know that I am right there with you...I remember you from the pregnancy forum and knew that we were going through everything together at around the same time. Maybe tonight during one of your feedings you can know that there is someone else out there with twins the same age awake at probably the same time!! :)

OMG our babies are the same exact age!

Anyhow my Single sttn at like 10 weeks. But she also ate like 6-8 oz by then too....

22. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

Good things come to those who wait...you'll get there.

My sons started sleeping through the night (12 hours!) at 3 and 3.5 months. I felt like I won the lottery! But it was short lived. James started with a night waking problem at 5 months...and it took us until 9 months to get it sorted out! Anyway, my point is that babies are ever-changing. Just when you think they're STTN...they'll surprise you. And just when you think they never will...they might!