Okay, so I am no where near labor...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JediMom, May 27, 2008.

1. JediMom

JediMom Well-Known Member

Okay, so my paranoia about diarrhea and contractions are for naught. Doc said that the diarrhea could actually cause contractions (at least, I think that is what she said). We had our BPP/Growth ultrasound and just as I suspected - Baby A moved head down. She did it this morning - I could tell she was moving around because I was trying to sleep and it was making me sick! Baby B is still transverse and REALLY high up.

Baby A - est. 4lb 13oz - right on target for me being 33w4d
    Baby B - est. 6+ lbs - about a month ahead in measements. Which is right around where my son was during this time with his pregnancy. So it's like carrying a TJ plus another baby! YIKES! When I think about it that way, I can't believe the next part...

My cervix is still high and very long. I was convinced I was dilated. Nope - no way, no how. So not only does it look like these babies are in the oven for a while longer, I may just make it to my 37 week sched. C-Section! That means 3 weeks and 3 days until the cut date. I can barely imagine lasting that long. But at least we are looking a much lower chance of having NICU time and right now, that is a huge goal of mine!

2. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

Way to go mom! :banana:

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great update. :clapping:

4. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are doing a great job!

5. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

That is all great news!!

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Rachael, :yahoo: I'm glad to hear everything is going so well!!! Keep on cookin' them Momma! :D

7. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Same situation here (DS1 9.5 lbs), and I made it to 37 wks, 1 day and my scheduled c/s. My cervix was still long and thick when I checked in for the surgery (but I was out of real estate, hee hee). Keep 'em baking! :good:

8. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I had some diahrrea for weeks, never contractions. Mine were both in the 6lbs range at 34 weeks and they were born close to 8lbs at 38 weeks.

You're doing great, keep them baking!!!

9. Carrie27

Carrie27 Well-Known Member

That is great news! Keep those babies cooking!