Ok, they've got the manners, but it's backwards

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Jennib9, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Jennib9

Jennib9 Well-Known Member

Sophia learned to say thank you a while back and to help annabelle along I always would reiterate what sophia was doing and saying a big "your welcome sophia"
    Well, annabelle started saying "welcome" everytime I gave her something (I think by my saying "what do you say? thank you" confused her and now sophia does it too. It's cute but I'd like them to get it right, just not sure how without confusing them..... :)

any suggestions?

2. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Mine did that for a while, but they have please, thank you, and you're welcome down now. Give it a little time and just use it regularly in the proper way around them.

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Just keep reinforcing it. They'll get it soon enough!! Sounds like they are doing well!!!

4. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

So adorably sweet!!!!!

5. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Just keep modeling it. It's like pronoun confusion -- it just has to click for them. Amy will still often say "you're welcome" when she either receives something or gives something to someone (but whether or not they say "thank you").

6. Poohbear05

Poohbear05 Well-Known Member

Mine say Thank you whenever they hand us something. We try to correct it by saying, "No, THANK YOU". and then saying "your welcome" we just keep doing it over and over again.....

7. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

They'll get it eventually. Just keep using your good manners and they're sure to figure it out!