officially expecting one more

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jillangel, Jan 27, 2008.

1. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

Well I went to the doctor Friday for a 12 weeks sonogram. Mainly I wanted to see how many were in there. At six weeks we saw two yolk sacs but only one heartbeat. Friday we saw one healthy baby. Apparently the other sac reabsorbed. I hate to post for people who are scared of vanishing twin because in most cases they will be just fine. In our case we don't even know if the other sac had a viable heartbeat and I'm choosing to tell myself it didn't. I don't mean to sound happy either because I love my twins to death and think its the coolest thing but relieved is a good word because its overwhelming enough that I'll have three under one. Funny thing is thinking for 6 weeks that I may be having two took the shock of having one away. We are actually happy about it. Maybe I'm still a bit in denial. When I was looking at the sonogram I said I still can't believe this is all going on I felt like I must be looking at someone else. Maybe all this is happening so I have a pregnancy I can enjoy. With the twins we were a mess thinking we were going to lose them due to ttts. And my biggest worry again was ttts. I know complications could arise with one but with identicals again even without ttts the threat would be there and weekly sonograms from 16 weeks etc. There is a pretty good chance I may do just fine with this one. Not to brag or take for granted but with my first single I had not a problem and even with the twins other than ttts no "regular" pregnancy scares such as high blood pressure, preeclampsia, short cervix, pre term labor, gestational diabetes. Nothing I was always told I am made to have babies. Docs say I have a perfect pelvis. Great something perfect and no one can see it. I hope I'm not jinxing myself saying that. Anyway this baby had a strong heartbeat of 152 and looked perfect measurind 6 days ahead. I feel great no m/s not as exhausted. Due 8/8/08. I call Monday to see when I need to go have whatever beginning testing done. So I'm looking forward to the next few months with you ladies. Enjoy and happy healthy pregnancies to all!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you had the vanishing twin. :hug99: I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!!

3. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

Welcome! Congrats on your impending arrival! I hope your pg goes as easily as the other two!! We had a "vanishing triplet" with our twins, I always looked at it as though it was the best way for my boys to thrive in utero...

4. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS on your budding new joy! Sorry to hear about the vanishing twin but I totally understand your apprehension... Good luck, your a full 4 weeks a head of me.

5. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Congrats on one healthy baby! I am also very sorry to hear about your vanishing twin. It does sound like you are in a good frame of mind about it, so that is good. Best of luck with this pregnancy!