OB Appt. Update...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by anglinstork, Dec 15, 2006.

1. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

Well...I am back down to bed resting with no activity. Well, what he said was "minimalize whatever activity you've been doing" - which believe me, hasn't been much in the last week! UGH!!

I cannot go to the Christmas Brunch on Sunday which makes me very sad...but I know it's the right thing to do. I sure hope the kids understand.

My cervix actually lengthened...to 5.0cm which is GREAT...but he said he's more concerned over the fact that the beaking/funneling went back up after allowing me to do "minimal things" inside the house. Last week it was at .50cm and this week it's back up to .92cm...so not good.

Weight is still at 172 pounds, so I didn't gain anything and she didn't tell me what my BP was, but I'm assuming fine, it always is.

So...until next Friday...that's where we stand. Do nothing and rest some more. UGH. I never knew how HARD and DEPRESSING it would be when someone "tells" you that you have to lay down and rest. [​IMG]

2. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

Well...I am back down to bed resting with no activity. Well, what he said was "minimalize whatever activity you've been doing" - which believe me, hasn't been much in the last week! UGH!!

I cannot go to the Christmas Brunch on Sunday which makes me very sad...but I know it's the right thing to do. I sure hope the kids understand.

My cervix actually lengthened...to 5.0cm which is GREAT...but he said he's more concerned over the fact that the beaking/funneling went back up after allowing me to do "minimal things" inside the house. Last week it was at .50cm and this week it's back up to .92cm...so not good.

Weight is still at 172 pounds, so I didn't gain anything and she didn't tell me what my BP was, but I'm assuming fine, it always is.

So...until next Friday...that's where we stand. Do nothing and rest some more. UGH. I never knew how HARD and DEPRESSING it would be when someone "tells" you that you have to lay down and rest. [​IMG]

3. momlissa

momlissa Well-Known Member

Sorry about the bedrest. {{{{hugs}}}}} Things sound great otherwise, though!

4. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Sorry you're ordered back to bed, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. [​IMG] Especially around the holidays. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe someone can bring brunch to you!!!!!!!!!

5. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] After being made to go on bedrest, it puts into perspective how our toddlers feel when we make them lay down to take afternoon naps! We always think it would be such a treat to be forced to take a nap every day, but they act like it is evil torture!
    Here's hoping the evil torture gets easier!!!!

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Bless your heart!! [​IMG]

7. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i feel your pain about bedrest. as i get closer to the end, i'm finding it harder and harder to "Stay down."

Try to hang in there. At least if your bp is good, you don't need to lay on your left side ...makes typing hard ;0
    miriam