Nursing bra for large breast size

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Debbiemichelle, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Debbiemichelle

Debbiemichelle Well-Known Member

Eight days now until my scheduled c-section! Woo hoo! I have read that it is a good idea to bring a nursing bra to the hospital, so I've been searching for one and am having some trouble because I have a pretty large chest right now. I bought nursing bras from Target and Bravado and realized both were too small, even the largest size.

Right now, I am approximately a 42 D to 42 DD. I have no clue what size I'll be when my milk comes in, but I'm guessing it is going to be a larger size than I ever realized even existed!

Any suggestions for bras/brands for really large chests? I am just looking for a soft, comfy nursing bra to wear mostly around the house...

Thanks so much!

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I bought all of my nursing bras on figleaves.com I took my normal size and went up a cup. So I went from a 42H to a 42I. It seemed to fit well.

3. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I buy a lot of stuff from Bravissimo and love their stuff. I haven't bought the nursing bras but love their bathing suits.

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I purchase my nursing bras at a boutique lingerie store. I like it because the staff spends a lot of time one on one with me making sure the fit is right. Since having kids, I've been everything from a 34D to a 36H. I think it's worthwhile & worth the money to have the right fit. I also usually wait till about a week & a half after my milk has come in before purchasing a bra. Then the majority of any swelling/ engorgement has settled. In the mean time, I wear comfy tanks & avoid leaving my house (well, actually my bed but I really revel in the whole baby moon situation). :D

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Motherhood has some bras but not usually very many.

6. JMB

JMB Active Member

I was a 34 K (!) when nursing. I had good luck finding nursing bras in that size at www.breakoutbras.com. I was sized at a local boutique and they didn't have much for me, so I was grateful to be able to order online. I really liked a sleeping bra similar to the link below while waiting for my milk to come in and my breast size to regulate a bit. http://www.breakoutbras.com/product/Fancee-Free-Cross-Over-Sleep-Bra/Nursing-Bras

7. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

I HATE motherhood bras, every single one. Right now I have an Anita bra and some other fancy brand but the tag is all rubbed out. The best sleeping bra I ever got was from target. You don't necessarily need a nursing bra in the hospital, because your milk probably won't come in till after you get home anyway. I wouldn't sweat it to have a great going-out-of-the-house bra for now. Especially because your size will probably change post pregnancy and when your milkk supply regulates after the first six weeks or so. Till then, the softer, less supportive bras will do the trick, or at least don't spend tons of money on good bras now when it's quite possible your size will change soon.

8. Debbiemichelle

Debbiemichelle Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions! This is a very useful list.