Nursery Furniture Question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by julesbabies, Feb 26, 2008.

1. julesbabies

julesbabies Well-Known Member

I am working on my nursery at our new house. I saw something that I thought may be useful but if I get this, I dont have room for a rocker in the same room. I can have a rocker next door.

Here is a link to a "family rocker" actually it is more of a glider I think- love seat.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/w5...key=cfrnrck%7Cb

Do you think this would be useful? I was thinking that this might be good for breastfeeding two babies and then later for reading to twins, etc... I plan for them to share a room. If not, we do have another room for them as well.

What do you thik? Would you go with a love seat rocker like this or just one or two rockers in the nursery?

Thank you for your input.

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

I love that! If it would work in the budget, I would definitely get it!

3. benderboys

benderboys Well-Known Member

Looking back, I wish I had gotten a larger glider...I actually looked at that very same one a month ago. I would go for the double.

4. HT

HT Well-Known Member

For the 1st couple of months, I wish I had a bed in the nursery, looking back I should have bought a blow up mattress for the nights I spent sleeping on the floor waiting for both of them to go back to sleep or to lay on while I was feeding one. However, my girls have been sleeping through the night since about 2 1/2 months so I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money on anything elaborate. They also don't require me to rock them to sleep so my glider basically gets used only when they are sick. Now I'm thankful for so much space in their room for big toys.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

So cute! If you have the room, I say go for it. You won't just use it for feeding them, but also for reading stories to both when they get older.

6. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

I think that is great, I wish I had something like that! I can definitely see it being useful. I would pick one of the other colors for sure :lol: . I'm sure you know that though.

7. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

Wow! That would be a perfect piece for a twins nursery, especially if you plan to tandem BF! Wish we had the money and space for something like that!