Nursery Crafts

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by PrincessHippie, Aug 2, 2010.

1. PrincessHippie

PrincessHippie Active Member

I am currently working on a few projects for the nursery. I made these closet dividers for our b/g twins. (I'm slightly OCD and love labeling everything. I have never used my label maker as much as I have in the nursery keeping Alex and Ayden's things separate.) I've still got one project underway, a pennants banner to hang over each crib. I'll post photos when I'm done with that.

I would love to see pictures of things y'all have made or maybe even great Goodwill finds that you transformed. Show off your handy work, ladies. :D

2. rtj

rtj Well-Known Member

Hi,

I can't seem to upload photos without having them in some website, which I don't have. I ended up doing my whole nursery for under $50. I made wall hangings by covering cheap frames with fabric and then glued on appliques. Then I attached ribbon to the back from which they hang. I covered two pillows with the same themed material. I took my son's old crib skirt and just sewed on a new border that matched everything. Then I had my creative friend come paint a scripture on the opposite wall and include matching vine/ butterflies etc. that matches the garden theme. It's very simple but works.
    If anyone can tell me how to attach photos, I'd be happy to (I'm not a paying member so I don't know if that excludes me). If you use snapfish, you have to have a passcode etc. to get in- seems like a lot of trouble.

Thanks.

3. jenpoe

jenpoe Well-Known Member

You have to have your pictures on an image host website, which no matter which one you use will require an account with a password. There is photobucket and flickr and others. You upload the pictures there, and the link to the photo will be provided to post on a message board in order for us or others to see. :)

4. PrincessHippie

Sounds great, Annti! I hope you get the pictures working. I'd love to see how it turned out. Thanks for sharing.

5. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

I cant wait to see some pics... we just moved so Im starting the process JUST now of decorating and what not, pics to come!

6. rtj

rtj Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the nursery decor I made- hope it works:

http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/annti_photo/

I used one fabric panel to get all the appliques for the wall hangings and pillows. Then I used matching material for the valence and had a friend paint the scripture on the opposite wall.

Wall hangings were done by stapling fabric to a cheap wooden frame and then using fabric glue for the appliques. Super easy and cheap and they turned out well.

7. PrincessHippie

What a great nursery, Annti. I love what you've done. And that window is amazing (makes a great shelf, too.)

Oh, this is so exciting! I hope more folks decide to share. I love this stuff. :yahoo:

8. PrincessHippie