Nurseries!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ECUBitzy, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Alright, ladies, I want to hear all about your nursery plans!

Are your twins going to share a room? Cribs even? What sort of theme(s)? Link up your inspiration and post pictures of your progress!!

2 people like this.
  2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

can I talk about mine? LOL!!

Actually we did Froggy Tales by Lambs and Ivy - pale green, pale blue and yellow with frogs, turtles and dragonflies...very appropriate for b/g!

yes they shared a room till they were almost 3 and we moved...shared a crib for a month...

3. ECUBitzy

Um, yes! Of course! I can't upload any pictures of ours right now (on the iPad) but maybe I will tomorrow.

Our girls have always shared a room. Their nursery was light purple and yellow in honor of ECU's purple and gold colors. :) Lots of pirates.

Their walls are still purple and yellow, but only because I've not had the motivation to repaint their room recently. Still lots of pirates!

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine shared a crib until they were almost 10 months old! We had to do our "spare room" for our big kids to move into, then redid the "nursery" for the twins. We went with pastel green walls and Mickey/Minnie mouse clings all over the place. I have bright striped curtains and am still looking for the perfect striped rug to go with it! They'll be 4 in feb ;)

They'll share a room until they start school, then we'll split our kids boys/girls.

Twins room The only pics I have are on facebook, not sure if this link will work or not :lol:

5. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Ours share and will until further notice. The walls are white with medium blue stripes around the middle. We have owl curtains and owl light switch covers. They are using seperate cribs right now - and are actually sleeping in them!! :)

6. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

LOVE this idea!

My colors are blue yellow and green, the bedding has 2 bears on it. I have splashes of pink and purple too with it. I wasn't able to paint bc we're in a county caretaker house but this year we'll be buying our own and I can't wait to "re " decorate the nursery!

When I get to my computer I'll upload pictures!

7. georgiamommy

georgiamommy Member

We decided to go with a woodland animal bedding theme. I found some twin pictures on etsy that we are going to use for wall decorations. Haven't chosen paint colors yet. We're going to go with either white or natural wood colored cribs, definitely not cherry or anything dark. We haven't been in our house long so I have lots of other organizing I have to do before starting the nursery, but I'll try to post pics when it's finished.

8. ECUBitzy

Okay, I'm popping back in to post pictures.

Here is the girls' nursery when we first bought our house. One day I went to touch up some purple on the walls and realized I was using the wrong color, so I ended up doing three walls yellow and leaving the window wall purple. It made the room so much brighter, so it was a happy accident.

Purple and gold were the colors because those are ECU's (my husband and I's alma mater). This picture (of their nursery at our rental before we bought) shows the adorable linens my SIL made for the girls.

Now we've transitioned to big girl beds like this and I refinished a funky dresser here, so the room is evolving again. I need to paint the whole room and am thinking about doing chalkboard walls up to chair rail height. There's no room for more furniture, so I am going to just add lots of color. Here are some inspirations I pinned on Pinterest. I'm hoping to tackle all of this over my next long weekend.

9. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I have no theme for the twins' nursery unless you count chaos. We had to remove all of the furniture except the toddler bed from Vivi's room so there are 2 dressers, 2 cribs, and lots of clothes & toys in the twins' room. We had a farm animal theme for Vivi when we were living in an apartment and the colors were mostly sage and a little bit of yellow. The twins inherited some of those items but the curtains are very purple and their dresser is red and blue. The cribs are different (one was Vivi's, one is a hand-me-down from my cousin's son). So, yeah...chaos.

The one thing I did do was get little wooden letters with their first initials and painted them in their "signature" colors. I also did a V in blue for the door to Vivi's room. You can see them here.

The girls were in a co-sleeper in my room together until 3.5 months. Then they were in a crib together in their room for 2 or 3 weeks while we got things organized. By that time, Livie was rolling all over the place so we separated them. They'll be sharing a room for the forseeable future.