Now that we know it's two girls...help!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by michelle_m, Oct 20, 2010.

1. michelle_m

michelle_m Well-Known Member

So we just found out for sure that we're having two girls....and I've got a name list a mile long. We're pretty settled on one of the girls' names - Nadine. Probably Nadine Adele. But we can't figure out another name that matches it and that we like as much.
    Possibilities:
    Esme
    Stella
    Maya
    Nora
    Nola
    Mila (MEE-lah)
    Mira (MEER-ah)
    Mireille (mee-RAY)
    Avalon
    Anaya
    Zia
    Selda

DH likes Esme - but I'm not as sold on it yet (I'm trying, though). I've always loved the name Stella - but there are so many Ella sounding names out there right now. Isabella is the number one baby name, Ella is #14, Bella's #58, Gabriella's #33, etc. I think Twilight's at least partly responsible. I don't want her to be one of a million "Ella's," but then part of me thinks that I shouldn't be concerned about that.

We also have a ton of French and Arabic names we like, but 1) we'd probably have to drop Nadine and 2) DH's last name is Mahoney - it's hard to get exotic names to fly with an Irish last name.

Picks from the list? Other suggestions?

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Kathleen would be cute and goes well with Nadine and your last name. Nadine adelle and kathleen Esme
    Others:
    Catriona
    Moira
    Noelle

3. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

I met a little girl named Nola at my "moms" class--very cute! And I like Moira too.

other thoughts:
    Annette
    Patricia
    Skye
    Charlotte
    Madeleine

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I have a friend that just named her baby Stella Jane :wub:

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I like Stella, and it goes nice with Nadine.

For name sugestions:

Adeline
    Madlyne
    Ellisyn
    Bridgette
    Julienne (very french)

6. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

Nadia
    Norah
    Claudia
    Stella
    Nola

7. beckstar

beckstar Active Member

i have a special affinity to nora..i just love it this pregnancy. haha.

penelope is cute.

and isnt esme in the twilight series too?

8. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

My friend named her now 2 year old daughter Esme after a famous author. When I first hear what she had named her, I was not loving it...I had never heard it before. It took a few more times of hearing it and now I can say I absolutely love it.

9. michelle_m

michelle_m Well-Known Member

Yes, Esme's also in Twilight - I had finally decided to go with this name since DH seemed to like it so much, but then DH says he's hung up on the Twilight connection and is afraid it will get really popular, too. Arrrggh.

But I think we've narrowed it down to three: Esme, Stella, or (not originally on the list so a new addition) Roxanne, Roxy for short. We both think Roxy's cute, but I'm a little worried that Nadine and Roxanne might be too kitschy together.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

10. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

I dont think they sound kitschy at all. But if you are concerned why not just name her Roxy??????

11. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I like Nadine and Roxanne. Very cute as babies and grown up when they are no longer babies