Now have Pregnancy Induced Hypertension at almost 32wks...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by HoneyBear23, Oct 28, 2008.

1. HoneyBear23

HoneyBear23 Well-Known Member

I'm home as of yesterday (Monday afternoon) after being in the hospital since Sat, and I hope it lasts! It is soooooo nice to be home and on my couch! My 24 hr protein was within normal range so I'm currently officially dealing with PIH (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension), but will continue to be monitored for Pre-e since that could still be brewing as I have had some priotein in my urine and other signs of Pree.

I am on very modified activity with bed/couch restrictions. My BP just doesn't like it if I'm up and around too much as was evident when I got home and just situated a few things as I got in the door. My BP was back up to 150/100's. After 30+ minutes of laying down, it was down to 127/85. So that is what I have to do! Lay low as much as possible to hopefully stay out of the hospital as long as possible and keep these babies inside.

My DH and stepdaughters will have to step up and help out more now that I'm on bedrest. It has only been a day and I'm really struggling to stay off my feet. But I will get better about it for my babies!!

I want these babies to stay put for another five-six weeks. I was so terrified of the real thought of them coming this weekend at almost 8 wks early. I'm just so thankful to have every day of them still growing in me! They did give me the steriod shots for their lungs too.

This is scary!

2. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

Its hard but you can do it ((hug)) :hug:

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Bedrest is so hard, but it sounds like you are doing a great job!! Keep up the good work! Im glad that they are keeping such a close eye on you! :hug:

4. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Take that bed rest seriously. It's precious time that you can never get back.

5. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

:hug: So sorry to hear about the PIH but glad they are keeping a close eye on you and the babies and you got to come home and relax there. Take it easy!!

6. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Hang in there... every week you can cook those babies is two they don't have to spend in the hospital (or so I've heard). Set yourself up a little nest on the couch with a bottle of water and some snacks, and enjoy they day watching daytime television!

7. JennaPa

JennaPa Well-Known Member

I got pre-e and HELLP at 32 weeks. You don't want that to happen if you can help it. Every day counts! Stay put. Tell DDs and DH that they need to step up a little early. If you can get to 36 weeks it will mean so much. Hang in there.