November Parties?!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by the4bears, Jul 17, 2008.

1. the4bears

the4bears Member

Hey ladies, my precious boys are going to be a year old in November. Granted it is just July, I like to be prepared,so on the day of the party I can just go.. the day before I am decorating...lol.. Over organized, as my husband calls it..lol.. I just don't know what to do for a winter party, I'm going with the "Tonka Truck", "Construction Theme". I'm buying a party pack for 16 kids, hats, cups,decorations, etc. What do we do about games? There is going to be kids ages 1-6 attending, and I want the boys to be apart of the activities as much as possible. Any ideas.....

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would say a pinata with candy and little toys is fun for that age group, also a craft like making picture frames (like the ones with magnets for the fridge)with stick on shapes is good and then you could mail a picture for the frame with the thank you cards. It is tough with winter birthdays because you cant have them just run around and play outside-I am already thinking about this because my twins birthday is in January, my dd's is in August and that is easy.
    Good luck and have fun!

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow you are organized! My girls will be 1 in October and I haven't thought at all about what I'm going to do! Maybe I should!

4. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

If you google "kids party games" there are all sorts of free sites that come up. I know I've used a few off of the Playhouse Disney site that were fun, but I'm not sure that fits in with your theme.

5. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

My babies birthday is 11/6. I thought I would do a Two Peas in a Pod theme. It's popular and cute, although not related to fall. GL and let us know what you choose!

6. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Ours are 1 in Sept. at this point the only thing I have figured out are the invites which will read some variation of the following:

"We are one and our parents need a drink....please join us as we toast them to making it through our first year of life!"

7. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SweetGirl @ Jul 17 2008, 06:26 PM) [snapback]882261[/snapback]
    My babies birthday is 11/6. I thought I would do a Two Peas in a Pod theme. It's popular and cute, although not related to fall. GL and let us know what you choose!

Our babies have the same B-day!

I've also been thinking about what to do for their B-day. We just had their Baptism party here this past weekend and it was crazy! I'm debating about having it somewhere other then my house, it really got trashed and people stayed WAY too late!! I like the two peas in a pod theme or since ours is close to Halloween I was thinking about having all the kids dress up as their favorite animal.