Nothing smells better than...

Discussion in 'General' started by Stacy A., Nov 3, 2011.

1. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here completely overwhelmed by the smell of fresh bread baking for dinner tonight. Heavenly!!! So, it make me think. What are your fave smells? Fill in the blank:

"Nothing smells better than _____________."

***Fresh baked bread!***

2 people like this.
  2. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Sycamore trees. I wish I could plant them all around my house. (But we're on a teeny tiny lot and there are already some existing trees.)

Also, I really love the smell of skunk. (Yes, I am weird.) :crazy:

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Fresh bread is top on my list, too! I made some yesterday. The rest of my top 5 would probably be the smell of freshly washed babies, orchards in the summer, the desert after a rain and Thai or Indian food. Yeah, that's 6, but those last two are a tie. ;)

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mulled cider. :wub:

5. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

My hubs in his cologne, Pot roast, baby magic lotion...

6. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Definitely the smell of rain! And the smell of charcoal grills on a cold day (ever noticed how they smell different when it's cold?).

7. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

coffee, first thing in the morning!, rain & log burning fireplaces on a crisp fall day

8. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Vanilla

Gasoline - I know it's strange but I love it!

9. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Rain and fresh cut grass.

10. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

Freshly washed and ironed bedsheets. That's my favourite by a long way but if I was doing a top five I'd also have rain in the summer, sun cream, vanilla/cakes baking and roses.

11. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Honeysuckle, clean babies and SO in any cologne he smells great in everything

12. sheila185

sheila185 Well-Known Member

I love the smell of rain hitting the hot pavement in the summer....and of course the smell of a new baby!

13. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

frangipani !

14. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Babies hair:), and Gain laundry detergent:)

15. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Holly - you would love to live at my house in summer! :bad: There's one that lives under our shed and sprays every.single.night. :bad:

I love the smell of my girls in the morning as they snuggle with me on the couch. They rest their heads on my shoulder and I can smell their strawberry scented shampoo. :wub:

I also love the smell of the ocean (not the low tide water smell but rather the salty air), Yankee Candle Pumpkin Spiced candle, bonfires, fresh cut grass. Mmm........

16. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

"Nothing smells better than an oven baked dinner already in the oven when I walk in the door."

"Nothing smells better than clean babies fresh from the tub."

IO have others but am so tired I can't think right now

17. SKTwinMom

SKTwinMom Well-Known Member

Mine is the ocean, I live less than a mile from the ocean and I have my whole life but that smell can still turn my whole day around. I also love to wake up to the smell of food cooking, it reminds me of sleeping at my grandmas house when I was a little girl and she would be making sauce or a roast in the morning. Last, I love the smell of my husband's dirty clothes (not stinky sweaty dirty, just worn).

18. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

alcohol swabs (that's my weird one), mexican food, and my kids after the bath (vanilla, sheabutter, coconut body wash)...

19. newmomma

newmomma Well-Known Member

apple pie in the oven

20. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

newborn baby :wub:

skunk!

coffee :wub:

21. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

potato soup tonight. LOL

I agree with babies..and puppy breath. Also fresh baked bread...yummy.

22. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

coffee in the morning

apple pie baking

fresh mown grass

the air after a nice rain

and for my weird one, lol, Vicks Vaporub

23. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Ooooh, so jealous of you! I completely agree that it can turn a day around. My spirit is in the best place possible when I'm at the ocean. :wub:

Oh yeah, coffee! As a child, I used to love the smell of my grandmother making coffee in her percolator in the morning (at their house - on the beach!).

24. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

Coffee (even though I don't drink it, lol)

Cookies baking

Pumpkin pie

Fresh bread

Clean babies

Food cooking on a grill

I wish I liked the smell of skunk... here lately I have smelled one everyday on the way to work. I feel like I can't breath when I smell it!

25. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Fresh bread

clean babies

Yankee Candle cherry scent

Turkey in the oven

26. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I have to agree with fresh bread (or any baked goods), rain & the ocean. Add Christmas trees/pine trees, lilacs in the spring & fresh laundry. When I was a kid, I loved the smell of a fresh copy of National Geographic magazine.

I guess my weird one would be jet fuel. My husband works on jets and it's almost comforting to have that smell in the house, I know he's home. I do have to make sure I wash his coveralls separately from my stuff, though! I like that HE smells like it, but I don't want to smell like it too!! :lol:

27. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I love the scent of line-dried sheets on my bed. So inviting!

1 person likes this.
  28. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

YEAH! Just send her over to my place! :banana:

29. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've got a lot of doubles, freshly washed babies, anything bread item baking, cookies baking, ocean air.

But I didn't see fresh cold mountain air mentioned! I love the smell of mountain air with a little chilly bite to it!!

My weird one is gasoline, I like the smell of gas :pardon:

30. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I love the smell of the ocean!!! We only get to go there once every couple of years.

Fresh cut grass
    Iced Tea
    matches

31. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Lilacs, baked goods, rain, and bleach (that's my weird one).

32. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The smell of dirt in the spring when everything is waking up and you get to play in the dirt for the first time.

The smell of hay.

Anything from my crockpot (today it's pork with garlic, orange juice, and lime juice, salt and pepper to shred and put on toasted sandwiches with mustard, pickles, swiss and ham)

New baby.

Rosemary picked fresh.

Christmas trees.

Cinnamon anything.

My weird one is that I like the smell of barns. Where my daughter rides horses, they keep the barns cleaned out real well so you don't smell manure. You smell the hay and the horses and the feed and the dirt. It's just an earthy, nature smell.

Marissa

33. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Soil, forests, rain, ocean, fresh rosemary, onions and garlic cooking, anything roasting in the oven, cinnamon, and I totally loved the smell of National Geographic too! I didn't even think about it until someone mentioned it, but that was the best thing every month.

34. LisaGoeke

LisaGoeke Well-Known Member TS Moderator

As much as I hate winter, I love the smell of the first time the furnace is turned on for the season. :wacko:

35. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

I forgot books! I love the smell of a new book or a bookshop.