nothing fits in the waist

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by firemedic, Apr 16, 2007.

1. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

Ok, here is my problem. Emma is skinny. Nothing will stay up on her. Yesterday I put a pair of Old Navy jeans with the adjustable waist (as tight as it would go) and they fell off. 24mo/2T fit for length but not around the waist. Any suggestions on pants made for the skinny toddlers?????

2. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

I have been known to just fold down the waist on my daughter and cover it with a top. The jeans at Target seem to work well also (they also have the adjustable waist). I have not tried the Old Navy ones.

3. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I live for warmer weather when length isn't an issue as much and I can fit solely around her waist. I have had good luck with adjustable waists though. Maybe you could try another brand, we have Carters, Talbots, Gap and Levis that all have adjustable waist (never tried Old Navy).

4. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

One of my boys is skinny -- 34 inches long and 24 lbs at 21 months. I've found the jeans/pants/shorts from Kohl's (Sonoma brand) fit him well. I just bought my first pair of Baby Gap adjustable waist pants and they fit great (all the way as tight as they will go). Carter's shorts seem to fit pretty well too but I buy a little small as I don't have to worry about length in shorts. Target (Cherokee brand) jeans fit well last spring but I haven't tried their pants this spring.

Good luck. I tend to put my boys in the same pants and different shirts and it's hard when one has a bigger waist and an actual fanny while the other is just skinny :).

Mendy

5. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I also recommend the Sonoma brand (Kohl's) jeans. I got a pair for my girls and they were too narrow in the waist, my girls are on the stockier side. I have another pair of khakis that are 2T which fit Bea for about a month. I think these are designed for skinnier kids, so they might work for you.

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I have the opposite problem with Ryan. I did find that the Children's Place clothes seem to fit a little slimmer. We usually use GAP and have good success with it.

7. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

Childrens place waists are pretty slim......you might give them a try....They are right on for sizes too so if you want them to be able to stay in them for a while ....you might try the next size up

8. Deb C

Deb C Well-Known Member

DH & I were just talking about this. Zack & Paige are so different. Paige is nearly 2" taller and I can't find pants to fit her at all. She's tall and skinny. 2Ts aren't long enough and 3Ts are falling down on her and always showing her crack. :) Zack is a shorty and can still wear some 24 months pants. I can't wait for shorts weather!

9. twingirls52905

twingirls52905 Well-Known Member

We have this problem with one of our girls also. My mom ends up taking up most of Isabelle's pants/skirts to fit her. We have to buy them bigger for the length, but they end up sliding right off of her! Thank God for Grandma who sews!! :)

10. debid

debid Well-Known Member

My boys have tiny, tiny waists (and some seriously ripped abs B) ). Wearing cloth diapers helps hold the pants up some but it also means I have to find pants with a decent rise and a small waist.

I've had good luck with:
    Okie Dokie (JC Penney)
    Sprockets (Mervyn's)
    Old Navy
    Osh Kosh
    The Children's Place