Not wanting to eat solids since having diarrhea!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by PurplePenguin, Feb 1, 2012.

1. PurplePenguin

PurplePenguin Active Member

One of my girls had diarrhea last week and since then has been reluctantly eating solids. We just started pureed chicken with a veggie, and she isn't interested in eating it. We give her fruit to coax her into eating it, and it works, but she's clearly not enjoying it. Is it possible to regress in eating solids after having diarrhea, and if so, what do I do to get her to enjoy eating solids again??

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

She just may not enjoy the meat. Are you making your own or is it the jarred stuff? I know my kids hated meat baby food so at 8 months I cubed chicken breast for them to eat.

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

My kids weren't a big fan of the baby food meat either....usually I had to mix it with veggies to get them to eat it, or use one of the combo things, like "apples and chicken" that Gerber had (at least they did back then). Now my boys are total carnivores! I personally think the baby food meat smells awful anyway, so I can understand why they wouldn't want to eat it.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think it's pretty normal after digestive issues to want to take it easy. Will she eat the BRATY diet? If so, I'd just give her that for a few days and slowly reintroduce some of her favorite fruits and veggies, leaving the meat for last if at all. I, also, found the meat to be stinky and rarely gave it to my kids. If they got it, it was always mixed in with a veg.

5. jacook82

jacook82 Active Member

When my little ones had that it took like a weekend and half before one of would take solids, and when he did he ate mostly cereal for a bit. Their stomach may still be upset.