not sure where to post - looking for OB/GYN in Fort Worth, TX

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by tootsie roll, Aug 3, 2009.

1. tootsie roll

tootsie roll Member

I have no idea where to post this, but hope to get some help. I am 10 weeks pregnant with twins, and will be switching doctors because the hospital here in town does not have a NICU. I would like a recommendation of doctor(s) in Fort Worth, TX who have experience with twins. I haven't been able to find any info on my own (through searches), but hoped maybe some twinstuff members are from DFW. Any advice would be appreciated :) Thanks!

2. fahrenheit79

fahrenheit79 Well-Known Member

My OB was referred to me by the receptionist at my family practice Dr. I looked on my insurance website to make sure that she was part of my PPO.
    My advice to you would be to try to ask friends/family for referrals, and also to go on your insurance website and find one that way. Hope it helps. ;)

3. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

Do you want to be in Fort Worth proper? I grew up in Arlington - my parents still live there - and had my first baby in Dallas. I have lots of suggestions - including OBs of friends who have had twins in the area - although most are in the Dallas direction ... Presby, Baylor, etc. I'd pick someone who delivers at Harris for Fort Worth specifically, I think.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you a list.

4. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

My old OB (who delivered my oldest) retired, but we had him at Harris Methodist downtown. Overall I had a great experience there. I'm not exactly sure where you're looking specifically (I'm from Saginaw/Eagle Mountain Lake!) but let me check with some of my friends and see what they know.

5. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

One more thought that I meant to include in my post above - one of my college roommates is an OB at Baylor Dallas - and of course she is biased - but she has emphasized, and I believe it's true, the fact that Baylor Dallas has the most advanced NICU in the area. We had about 6 weeks where we thought that we were having mo-mo twins, which are very high risk. We have moved to south Texas since we had our first baby (the one in Dallas) and my current OB is in Austin; had the twins turned out to be mo-mo, my OB friend was encouraging me to come camp out in Dallas for the duration of the pregnancy simply because Baylor's NICU is superior. That might be a consideration for you if you have any indication that you are at higher risk for any problems ...

6. tootsie roll

tootsie roll Member

I am west of Fort Worth in Weatherford, so I would not want to go further east than Fort Worth. I cannot use Harris because they don't accept my insurance, but I can use Baylor All Saints. They have a level III NICU and are associated with the Dallas hospital as well. I know lots of women who have delivered in Fort Worth, just don't know anyone who has had twins. Thanks again for any suggestions.

7. opalbarb

opalbarb Well-Known Member

Try posting on DFWAreaMoms.com - you might get some suggestions there!