not sure what's up

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by miss_bossy18, May 27, 2009.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

(also, not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it if needed)

so, i got what i thought was my first PP period on April 23. it was very light, and only lasted 3 days which surprised me - i thought after such a long time without a period, it would be a lot heavier. then i started getting suspicious symptoms (including a drop in supply) - so last week, i POS. it came back negative. i thought, okay, my period must just be a little late. well, it still hasn't shown up, so i POS again this morning. negative again. any thoughts on what might be going on? should i book in to see my doc?

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It can take awhile for your body to figure out what's it's doing, not uncommon for you to have a spurt of bleeding and then take 4-6 weeks before you get your period again. Are you still nursing? Unless you have quit completely then you still may not ovulated regularily for awhile! :)

3. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are still nursing, so it's probably going to take a bit to get back to regular. Are you taking the mini pill? I stayed pretty regular once I went onto the mini pill and when I went onto the reg. one (after bfing) my pd got really light. Just something to look forward to. :) If the tests are negative and you still doubt them, call your doc for a blood one.

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

guess what just showed up... :rolleyes:

thanks for the reassurance ladies. :)

5. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

QUOTE(miss_bossy18 @ May 27 2009, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1330291[/snapback]
    guess what just showed up... :rolleyes:

isn't that how it always goes? :D

6. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I had a "scare" (aka missing period) a few months ago. It showed up 3 hrs after I went to the dr for a blood test. Glad to hear you know what's going on now! :)

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:lol: the hag knows how to keep us hopping for sure! ;)