Not sure my body can go on much longer

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by zanetaya, Jul 15, 2010.

1. zanetaya

zanetaya Well-Known Member

Hi all! I am currently 34 weeks (tomorrow) and I cannot believe the way I'm feeling! It's crazy uncomfortable. The varicose veins in my crotch are more than I can bear when I stand up now. PRESSURE, PRESSURE, PRESSURE! I feel like my body is telling me it's not going to hold them in much longer. It hurts to sneeze or cough and everytime I do, I pee. The braxton hicks are coming more frequently...instead of 5/day I'm having more like 15+. I have been getting STABBING pains in my crotch. It literally feels like a knife stabbing me down there and it only lasts for like a second, but almost drops me to the floor when it happens. My babies activity hasn't slowed down AT ALL!! They are sooo active that it is extremely uncomfortable. Kicking me in the butt and crotch all the time (since one is breech and 1 is transverse). I can't sleep at night. Period. Oh yea, my moodiness and emotions are completely out of control! I cry at the dumbest things and am having a hard dealing with my other 2 children. Poor things....

I know other people have been in my position before, but I could use some encouragement. I mean, did you really and truthfully feel you couldn't go much longer??? I need to go 3 more weeks! Just not sure I can hold on that long. HEELLLPP!! And thanks for letting me vent.

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I remember being where you are now!! I literally sat down and cried and boohoo'd all day long because I was going to have to go back to school in two days (I was on winter break) and I just didn't know how I was going to walk kids to lunch and walk around the room and teach. I was at 35 weeks and 4 days then...then I went into labor the next day. I was so relieved to have my girls because I was in so much pain and discomfort. It won't be much longer. I know three weeks seems like forever, but hang in there!! :hug:

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

:hug: You can do it, you really can!! :hug:

Mine were born at 35w 1d and as healthy and good-sized as they were (5lbs 7oz and 5lbs 11oz), they still spent 1 week in the NICU for feeding/weight gain/jaundice. It wasn't easy - and we didn't have worries about their health, not always true for even late preterm babies - just the stress of me staying in the hospital for 7 days while my DH was home with our oldest DS. It was hard and they had nursing difficulties due to their preterm birth.

The longer you go, the healthier they will be!

:youcandoit:

:hug:

4. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Can you get in a pool? The cool water and anti-gravity might help. Do what you can to get as comfortable as possible and get some rest! I think the lack of sleep is making everything worse. That's what it does for me.

Every day is a huge gift for your babes. Forget three weeks. Just get through one more day. And then one more day.

And get whatever treats, fun, pampering you can. A milkshake? A massage? Something just for you.

Every day you get through helps! And we here totally sympathize. Vent all you need, we'll cheer you on.

:grouphug:

:youcandoit: :youcandoit: :youcandoit:

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree with PP just get through one more day!! (dont look at the long goal).

I am so sorry you are going through such discomfort-your almost done sweetie!!

:youcandoit:

6. tracilynn

tracilynn Well-Known Member

the last 2-3 weeks I had to take Ambien. I actually only took 1/3 of a pill but it helped me soooo much. The lack of sleep is a killer. I dont even like to take a tylenol so me taking the 1/3 of an ambien is alot for me but it was a lifesaver. It got me through the last tough weeks and also thinking that everyday I was in misery was one day that my babies would NOT be in NICU. Hang in there! When your babies are out you will feel instant relief. I remember sitting in recovery from my C thinking how GREAT I felt ! relief will come soon!

7. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I feel like I could have written this post! OMG the crotch pain is really bad the last couple days. I am sick on top of it. I have a sinus infection AND pink eye! I have to hold a pillow around my belly at night when I cough because it hurts so bad. I am scheduled to be induced at 37 weeks and can't wait! I don't want them to come any sooner because of the NICU issue plus with me and the kids being sick. I am just hoping the next couple weeks goes by quickly.

8. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

That is totally how you have to look at it. I was on bed rest from 30 weeks and I cried every single day and I absolutely thought my body was going to burst open at any moment. It is, of course, so worth it for your babies the longer they stay inside but it is exruciating and horrendous for your body. :(

But it is really just a fleeting time in your life and a few months after your babies are born it will just be a memory. That doesn't bring much comfort now but you will get through it! :)

9. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

I agree with all above who posted. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Keep those babies in as long as you can - they grow so much better!! While they would likely be very healthy if born, they probably wouldn't be "take home babies". You want "take home babies"!!!

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The end sucks so much. But take heart, it's 1 day. The object is getting done with today. I second the pool or even multiple baths a day. I'm sorry you are in constant pain. It's totally ok to cry- we all have, I think.
    :youcandoit: :youcandoit: :youcandoit: :youcandoit:

11. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The pool is a great idea.. I finally braved the maternity bathing suit at about 25 weeks and the feeling of floating was miraculous! And yes.. just get through the day. Then get up and get through tomorrow.. and before you know it they'll be here!

12. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

oh do I ever remember feeling what you are feeling right now. I thought I couldn't do it anymore, but I took one day at a time and I made it to 37 weeks. You can do, I agree with the pool post, it will make you feel so much better :youcandoit:

13. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I wrote a similar post when I hit 34 weeks. I just focused on getting through and the fact that in a few weeks I would feel fine again. I was pretty active up until 34 weeks, but at that point I pretty much limited my activites to doctors visits and spent as much time as possible sitting in a comfortable chair.

One thing I didn't expect was that I felt better in the recovery room than I had in the last month. I thought it would be a few weeks until I felt good, but once the boys were out I felt great.

14. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I started feeling like I was DONE at 33 weeks. I used to growl, yes growl, anytime we had to get into the car and go to a doctors appt. I didn't feel like eating because I felt like anything in my body made me heavier and then I would certainly burst.

I got 2 massages a week the last month. One professional, and one hour long one from DH that we scheduled. That worked wonders for me.

I totally agree with everyone saying to just take it one day at a time. My girls were born at 36 weeks 5 days and only had blood sugar issues in the beginning. I still wish I could have kept them in a few days longer so they could have been a little fatter and able to regulate their sugar levels. They had to get their heels pricked about 5 times a day and that was so hard that I can't imagine how hard it would be having them in the NICU. God bless the parents that have endured that.

You can do it!!! When you see your healthy little babies, you will be so proud of yourself!!!

Good luck mama!

15. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure I made a post like this about where you are now! It sucks, and is miserable! I sat around a lot in the end, because every time I stood up I had awful pain in my crotch.. And yeah sneezing or coughing, gross! I had to wear a panty liner for 2 months in the end. That knife stabbing feeling, AWFUL! Especially if your in public and it happens and you instantly catch your breath and bend over a little, people always looked at me like I was in labor, I just had to smile and say "big kick!"... It was a miserable 3 weeks in the end. You'll make it, just do what you can to survive! When I was 36 weeks 5 days I saw my OB and was 4 cm dilated and 80%, and was having a ton of contractions (I had a lot of contractions from 34 weeks), my OB said; "They'll be here soon! I'm on duty tonight so if anything happens just come in to the hospital, and if you come in now I won't send you home.." (I had been sent home the weekend before having contractions 5 minutes apart and 3cm dilated, but no changes) After that appt I came home took a nap with my 2 year old, then we went for a 2 mile walk, I hadn't walked more than the grocery store in months! A mile through our walk I started having major contractions, we stopped at Starbucks and got a hot chocolate and I noticed they were getting more and more frequent and a lot stronger. I called my husband and he left work, and we started walking the 1 mile walk back home.. I barely made it half way and my husband stopped and picked us up. 5 hours later I delivered the babies! You'll make it to the end and be glad you went so long, especially when you have 2 healthy babies and can bring them home with you!

Good luck!! Hang in there, I know it's miserable!!

16. ninasparx

ninasparx Member

Let me start by saying congratulations! I'm pregnant with boy/girl twins myself. I'm 33 weeks. Just started 2 high risk pregnancy visits a week and a weekly OBGYN visit. ITS EXHAUSTING. I have a 9 month old and a 12 year old. And i COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!! i feel like i'm not going to make it another week. hell another day with all the pain i've been feeling. I have CONSTANT contractions. nothing timed or anything. but i have them ALL DAY LONG. In my sleep, while i walk, while i'm driving, in the middle of my sentences, which makes awesome conversations let me tell you!!! We have a pool and i would definitely recommend it for the relaxation part, but if i could give you some warning. I have still had contractions and that "stabbing pain" in my crotch WHILE in the pool. My biggest problem with the pool is when you are getting out. You are so light in that water but as soon as you pull yourself out you can INSTANTLY feel the weight in your belly. Sometimes its almost impossible for me to move. so just a word of caution. Be VERY careful getting out. But it does help. i know i'm not being very encouraging right now, but i have to say i LITERALLY feel your pain. My babies are about 4.5 lbs or so and they BOTH move so much i feel like they are going to come right out of me. it is literally unlike any pain i have ever felt. even having 2 other babies. its constant. baby a rolls over ALL DAY LONG. and they are both breech so their butts are sitting on my bladder. it feels like they are on a moonbounce!!!! and let me tell you when they roll just the right way, i feel like someone is stabbing me in my crotch. Feels like they are going to push right through my cervix and end up on the floor. I'm in the bathroom ALL the time. All night long. As far as sleeping is concerned. I have tried EVERYTHING. sitting up works best for me. I know it sounds weird. But i can rest against pillows in bed and prop my back, like being in the doctor chair, and i can sleep for hours. laying on my sides i'm up almost every hour. If i HAVE to sleep on my side, they ONLY thing that works is something between my legs and something behing my back, to prop me, and hold me still. It hurts to actually lay down, like the act of it, and sitting up from a laying down position. I feel like i pulled a groin muscle. i do feel like they are lower then they were a couple days ago. and i feel like i have to do number 2 A LOT. sorry so personal. but they roll around and they are making me feel like i just need to be on the toilet all the time. And last but not least, my contractions, i feel them in my back as well. It started off as in my lower back and it was like, if you have ever had a really bad head ache and bent over and then stood up???? The pulsating sensation that hurts like hell, thats what it feels like for me to have a contraction in my back, except it hurts 100 times worse. It literally feels like someone is kicking me in my spinal cord and the pain has moved from just my lower back to my entire back. and it takes your breath away! i know you didnt ask for all of this but i figured i'd let you know you are definitely NOT alone and i feel so bad for you. I wish i COULD say something to help and to make you feel better, and quite frankly i wish someone could do the same for me. But i guess the best we CAN do is take it one day at a time. Everyday will bring us closer and closer to being moms of TWINS!!!!! who could ask for a better outcome to such a CRAPPY situation!!! :-D to adorable little babies who are completely unaware of all the pain they just caused the woman who will raise them become great parents just like you are!!!! Just try to rest and sleep. its hard especially when you have other children, but trust me, let DH do ALL the work and you take the time for yourself. You are definitely going to need it. Good luck with your babies. if you EVER need to just vent I am here, i would love to have someone to talk to about this too!!! :)

17. zanetaya

zanetaya Well-Known Member

Dang, it's nice to know other people really are feeling the way I am. Everything you mentioned, I have too. My babies were both breech at weeks 33 & 34...when I went for my last apt they were head-down and I no longer am having the stabbing crotch pains! Whew! Those were awful. They nearly put me on the floor when I had one. So there is still hope your babies will flip too (I hope they do for you, it seems to be a little more comfortable)...a little :) Same here...need to vent? message me or something. I understand right now. It is so hard.

I guess we just have to concentrate on getting through today, like everyone else has said already. I can't wait till the babies are born because it will be a proud moment for me for sure! :) It's a big thing carrying these babies like we have so far. Thanks for allowing me to see that I'm not alone in this venture.

18. kmay

kmay Well-Known Member

YES! In truth, I thought my body was going to give out. I was put on mild bedrest at 31 weeks because I went into contraction so badly that they needed to give me a shot to stop them. Turned out, Michael was turning breech that day. I continued to have BH contractions until the day I had them.

Toward the end, I HAD to get out of the house. The Dr's appointment was a treat for me but I couldn't walk the 50 yards from the parking lot to the building without getting winded and lightheaded. DH had to drop me off and pick me up at the front. The last week, I lost my mind. I didn't get any sleep at all, my dr gave me a sleeping aide so I could get some rest before the babies came.

My boys didn't get less active in utero as they got bigger either AND they weren't using their space very well. They basically both decided that they were going to take up the same amount of space as a singleton. LOL

You can totally do this. Take care of yourself, cuddle with your kids in bed. Read books to them and let them rub your belly.

In all honesty, having NB twins was easier than the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy. Hopefully, you have the same results.