Not feeling feeling Baby B very much

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by RJ2006, Dec 16, 2009.

1. RJ2006

RJ2006 Well-Known Member

Hi - I'm new to the forum and hope you all don't mind if I post this topic.

I'm a bit concerned that I don't feel Baby B very much. I'm 32w1d. She's always been a lot more quite in her movements, but lately I don't really feel much of her at all. I rarely ever feel movement out of her, but do feel things like hiccups. Had an NST on Tues and with a bit of prodding from the buzzer, the girls both passed the test. All of my other test results have been normal.

I know its common to feel one less than the other, but its starting to concern me. Especially because I have started to feel A a lot mroe in the last week or so as they are getting bigger. Can lack of movement be sign that one is falling behind in growth? My next growth check is on Monday. My last one, about 3 1/2 weeks ago had A measuring 3 pounds and B measuring 2.5 pounds...

Is it silly for me to be concerned?

2. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

It's not silly to worry at all.....I'm at 33 weeks and have the same concerns. In fact, I have a NST/BPP on friday just to make sure that baby b is ok. So far they have always been a little different, baby A a bit bigger than b. This is totally normal. Think about the lack of space, different personalities etc etc.
    Good luck with your scan on monday and i'm sure everything is fine. My baby A is A LOT more active than baby B, I mean a lot!!

:hug:

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

It's part of the job description for you to worry, and I'm sorry you are. :hug: :hug: For me, the position baby B was in made it hard for me to feel her much towards the end. I, too, was worried but having two NST's a week did calm me down. My baby B was stuck under my ribs and her brother had alot more room to kick and punch me. :lol:

Call your doctor if you are worried. :grouphug:

4. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

My baby B was also a lot quieter than my baby A. I think he was just a content snuggler...loved to be right up under my heart...and his sister was constantly squirming to get comfortable with him sitting on top of her! Try the 'juice' test if you are really worried. Drink some OJ and lie down for awhile and do kick counts on both of them. It's good to be aware of these things, mention it to your doctor, but try not to worry too much. There is very little we mommies can do to avoid the tragedies we worry about involving our unborn babies. Follow your instincts, but don't let fear and anxiety overwhelm the joy of your pregnancy.

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to Twinstuff!

Could the placenta be in front of baby B? I know mine was in front of B and I did not feel him as much. But I agree, if you are concerned, call your OB. :hug:

6. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

I also do not feel my baby b as much as A. In fact, I barely felt her at all until I was about 28 weeks (I think it had to do with her position as well as the position of the placenta). What you are describiing sounds normal, but I would mention it to your doctor only because it is a change from prior. It sounds like they are monitoring you pretty closely anyway.