Nighttime PT

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by silver_stardust, Mar 16, 2012.

1. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Wondering if we should take the jump.

Aaden will wake up dry most days and will wake up 2-3x per week during the night to go to the bathroom. Izak has done that a few times but not as often and still wakes up wet most days. Izak is usally the first to take his pull-up off in the morning because he doesn't like the feeling of being wet.

The boys have been day trained since just before their 3rd birthday so about 5 months now. (whoa. seems like much longer. hmph.)

I know if I try w/ Aaden and not Izak that Izak will throw a holy conniption fit. What have you done with your PTee's?

2. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

I didn't go without pullups until they'd been dry for several weeks. If they had gone 2 weeks then had a wet night we started over. I have one still in pullups who just now is starting to be dry several nights a week.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Shortly after Emmett was born, my girls announced one night that they no longer needed night time panties (pull ups). At the time, I would say they were dry in the morning 75% of the time. I was apprehensive (last thing I needed with a newborn around was cleaning up accidents in the middle of the night) but decided to follow their lead. They haven't been back in pull ups since & have maybe had a handful of accidents between them in the last 3 months. :good:

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

With my daughter, I kept her in pull ups until she stayed dry consistently at night for a month. She has not looked back since. My son, we did the 3 day PT program, so we checked on him an hour after he went to bed and an hour before waking and once he did not need the check in the first time during the night, we let him be.