night light

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Gimena, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

Do you leave a night light on in your kids room??? So far I just put a hallway lamp (very little light)...but I
    think ds is having some night terros...he does wake up early in the morning (5 a.m.) and it is very dark..so I don't think
    the light really makes a difference...he stays there reading/playing/dozing off until 7...

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

We have some of the plug-in type that light up when it's dark. It's not terribly bright, but they are able to see if they get out of bed. They also have this which they know how to turn on and off just in case they have night terrors. It shuts off automatically after 30 minutes and they can't sleep without it. When they wake from night terrors I usually let them cry for a minute or two before going in. They usually stop before I get the chance.

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I keep one in the bathroom. I've never had one in their room and they've never had trouble sleeping.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Both of my kids rooms have night lights...I use the night light that came with the Pedia-Vapors pack.

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

the girls have had a nightlight in their room from day one - it's tucked in behind some furniture so it's very diffuse light but i wanted it in there so i could see what i was doing in the middle of the night without having to turn another light on. as they get older, i think it helps them with night wakings (finding a lost lovey or blanket for example) so that i don't have to do in & help (although, i do sometimes anyway).

6. ilovemonkeys

ilovemonkeys Well-Known Member

My DD is in a toddler bed and my DS is still in a crib (in separate rooms). I tried putting one in my DD's room but she gets up and unplugs it. I have one in my DS's room. It is an LED nightlight but very bright so I keep the closet door open to block it but it still gives off light for him. I was wondering about getting the glow worm for them instead. I think they still make those. I like that one at Target that orangeyaglad gave the link for too especially since the reviews say it doesn't get warm.

7. aviatrixrn

aviatrixrn New Member

We have a ceiling fan with a built in light..it's on a dimmer. We set it so the light is just barely on..works pretty well.