next step... need advice

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sellet04, Sep 2, 2008.

1. sellet04

sellet04 Well-Known Member

Ok, so my boys are doing really well on potty training except they do not stad up to pee yet. Apparently DH is shy and doesn't want to show the boys how to do it. I obviously can't show them. Should I just be happy with they progress we are making or should I try having them go standing up. If I should try how do you suggest I go about this. Thanks for your help.

2. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Mine are just getting the whole PT'ing down they are pee trained but poop is a whole other issue, anyway I don't expect them to stand and pee until at least 3 and mine go with DH all the time. I'm sure when they are comfortable with doing it that way they will but they are still young I wouldn't worry or push it. I haven't even started to encourage mine to stand yet, you could try keeping a cup of cheerios and throwing a few in and telling them to aim I've heard that works...GL!

3. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Just because it's so nice and easy, I would definitely see it you can figure out how to train them standing up. Try it outside (do you have fenced in yard?). We have a potty tree outside that they go on. They love to pick a spot to go, and it's so nice and convenient when you need them to be able to go!

4. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I dont think you should worry about them standing up until after they are at least 3. Its usually hard for them since that area of their body is probably just making it above the toilet seat... oh, sorry I guess if you used a potty chair they could stand up. (but it might splash) I used the big potty to train my first two. My DD who is ready now usually uses the big potty, but if Im on it she has no problem using the training potty. IIRC, my first son started standing up shortly after 3 yrs.

5. sellet04

sellet04 Well-Known Member

We live in an apartment complex right now so peeing outside would not be good... especially since we have girl neighbors.
    We started with potty chairs, but now they want to use mommy and daddy's potty. They see daddy standing up and want to do it like him so when they sit they are trying to aim (it is kinda funny). Maybe I will wait till they are 3 to try to figure this out.... as long as they are not peeing everywhere I guess it doesn't matter that much.