Next Step Formulas

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by TFine, Jan 31, 2008.

1. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

Yesterday my old PED called ( I guess he doesnt know he is the old one yet) and said he had some formula for us from Enfamil. My hubby went to pick it up and it was 4 cases of prosobee and 4 cases of next step prosobee.

I know they cannot use it until 9 months, but did any of you use it? I do not intend to give them formula after 1 year as they are already big healthy babies and love solids so they should not need formula after 1 year.

I was just wondering if any of you used it.

Thanks

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't use it at all. We started on milk at 9 months and we are now formula and bottle free. I know there are some Moms on here who did use it. Enfamil actually sent me some and I have to figure out what to do with it.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

I haven't used it with any of my kids Tammy.

4. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

We used some of the next step Simliac formula after 9 months before we were bottle free. It was cheaper than the other Similac, and that's really the only reason why I used it. We were on all milk by a year (or close enough).

5. caba

caba Banned

Not to hijack, but whats the point of it, do you know? I just figured mine would stay on the Similac advanced they are on until 1 year, and switch to milk. I didn't even know such a thing existed!

6. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

QUOTE(caba @ Jan 31 2008, 03:53 PM) [snapback]599338[/snapback]
    Not to hijack, but whats the point of it, do you know? I just figured mine would stay on the Similac advanced they are on until 1 year, and switch to milk. I didn't even know such a thing existed!

I knew it existed but never though about using. I have no clue why one would switch. Someone told me it is the same thing, just a bigger scoop. I now have about a months worth of it and want to know what to do with it. :)

On the plus side it was called a toddler pack and it came with all these little cheerios containers and coupons for cheerios!

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never used it and have never known anyone who has.

8. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

our pedi has put jake on the next step - due to a less than exciting weight gain at his first birthday appointment. i actually think his weight gain problem was due to parental error...

at any rate, after this can is finished, we are finished - i'm so over formula - plus jake doesn't seem to fond of it anymore.

the reason she asked that we keep him on it is just the amount of nutrients, i guess. i think it's stupid and just a marketing ploy by the formula companies.

9. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

I did with my older children. We went to whatever the GoodStart next step was only because it was cheaper. We switched when they were 10 months. We are using MembersMark from Sam's club this round and it is far cheaper then any of the next steps. We won't be switching this time. We only used the next step with the older kids until around 12 months of age and then switched to milk.

10. two.heartbeats

two.heartbeats Well-Known Member

We are not planning on using it. It is "supposed" to supply a few extra vits and minerals and iron that isn't in whole milk. I don't know/think it's neccesary to use if the child is eating enough types of solids. I mean, this stuff came out recently so what about all of the babies born before the invention of it? (including ouselves) We're all fine. It sounds like a ploy, or the formula companies are losing $ from all the moms who breastfeed now as opposed to 10 years ago when formula was a big hit.