Newly Pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by angbatiato, Nov 21, 2007.

1. angbatiato

angbatiato Active Member

Hi girls. I'm a mommy of 9 month old twin boys. I went thru years of infertility and treatments and finally got pregnant last time 'round thru injectables and an IUI. I've been BF from the start and don't get AF regularly due to PCOS. I've been having weird cramping for a few days and thought I was dealing with a cyst. AF was late but I didn't think too much of it...but after a few more days I decided to test...as I've done in the past, only to see a BFN. I was shocked.....SHOCKED to see that I'm pregnant. I had a beta done on Monday and it was 147 and the u/s showed a tiny sac measuring at around 4 or 4 1/2 weeks. I go in on Friday for a repeat beta and u/s. Thankfully my old RE is going to watch me till I am 8 weeks so I'll be closely monitored. I am freaking out though. How am I having a baby already? I was just getting used to being a mommy of twins...I was just getting ready to *hang up my horns* and stop BF....and I'm starting all over again! DH and I planned to have another baby but not for at least another year or two...I'm SO SHOCKED. I feel lucky that I got pregnant on my own and without treatment--I'm definitely not ungrateful, but I'm just not over the surprise and sheer terror yet. So...Hi :) Nice to meet all of you and hope I get to spend the next 9 months getting to know you all better...

2. bsqc

bsqc Member

Congratulations! Sometimes the best made plans are not planned at all. Everything will work out wonderfully, and remember your boys will be so much different eight months from now! You will do great. We must have similar due dates because I am 4.5 weeks too. Welcome!

3. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

It's funny, but whenever I bf I usually start to ovulate again around 8 months...guess that's what happened with you!! LOL!. We have friends who had triplets after 3 rounds of IVF...years of infertility and trying out different methods. Their trips were born at 26 weeks gestation. The docs cautioned them to "be careful" but they laughed b/c BOTH of them had infertility issues. Well, within about 7weeks she was pg with their "irish quad".... LOL! Their b/b/g trips were nicely rounded out by another girl when the trips were just 8months adjusted age!!! Their "quad" sister is now larger than they are...and technically she is 3.5 and they are 4.5 by real age... a little more than 4 by adjusted age!! People really do think they have quads. God has a good sense of humor.

4. Joyful

Joyful Well-Known Member

Congratulations! That is so exciting :) Welcome to the group.

5. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

How exciting! COngratulations!!! What a blessing.

6. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Congrats! What a wonderful surprise!!! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

7. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

What a surprise! I know you are in a state of shock, but it will settle down. congrats. you will do great with a third little blessing!

8. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

congrats and welcome