New Moon - NO SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General' started by JDMummy, Jun 1, 2009.

1. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Thought I would start a new thread to discuss <a href="http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/new-moon-trailer.html#watch" target="_blank">New Moon</a>. What do you think of the trailer? Something looks different in the end of that trailer? KWIM???

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

First off, I think giving me a trailer 6 months before I can see the movie is just mean! I was thinking something in the trailer was bugging me last night and now that you pointed out the ending, that's what it is. I am curious as to whether or not that was completely separate scenes put together, but it didn't seem like it.

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I thought the scene in the woods was a little awkward. But that's probably (hopefully) because it was such a small bit.
    Overall, I think the effects and whatnot will be a lot better in this movie.

4. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

I think this entire movie will be better done than twilight. Even the make-up looks so much better. The effects are going to be great. Loved loved loved how Jacob looks and the way he morphed into a wolf. I thought it was great and I can't wait to watch the relationship between him and Bella develop. Of course things are still going to be different than the book so no one will be left completely satisfied but I think we know that some of the key parts of the book will be in the movie.

5. lalalauren86

lalalauren86 Well-Known Member

I did read in OK that Laurent's death scene was made more action filled in the movie than in the book. They said that there was going to be a huge fight scene between him and the wolf pack.
    As far as the movie I can't wait!!!! Jacob's hair looks much better in this movie and he did do some bulking up!

6. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Jacob looks SO cool!

7. dollymomma

dollymomma Well-Known Member

Yes indeed it looks to be a good one! There's been a lot of hype around here, with it being filmed somewhere in Vancouver, which isn't too far from here... There's even some company doing sightseeing trips to see where the filming "may" be... Bunch of cash grabbers!

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I just watched the trailor. Jacob! :spiteful: I've not read the books, but still can't wait for this movie.

9. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I read that Taylor (who plays Jacob) cleared up that when he morphs it isn't where he is killing Laurent in that scene it shows. A few scenes were made into that one to make it look more action packed or whatever.

I TOTALLY can't wait until November 20th!

10. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(*Jamie Lee* @ Jun 2 2009, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1338263[/snapback]
    I read that Taylor (who plays Jacob) cleared up that when he morphs it isn't where he is killing Laurent in that scene it shows. A few scenes were made into that one to make it look more action packed or whatever.

I TOTALLY can't wait until November 20th!

Yeah, the often do that. Movie trailers can often be quite deceiving as they mix and edit it to make it look as exciting as possible.

11. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Obviously this is old (from April) but I just stumbled across it. Wow!. There's going to be lots of eye candy in this movie! :spiteful:

Thankfully a few of these guys are old enough that I don't feel bad about ogling them!

12. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(gina_leigh @ Jun 2 2009, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1338319[/snapback]
    Obviously this is old (from April) but I just stumbled across it. Wow!. There's going to be lots of eye candy in this movie! :spiteful:

Thankfully a few of these guys are old enough that I don't feel bad about ogling them!

LOL, seriously, I think I will have to use the word "cool" as cholee did because I feel too perverted to refer to these young actors as hot. But YOWZAA to Jacob. He is a really good looking kid and I can't believe how much he buffed up for this part...he REALLY wanted it.

13. lalalauren86

Did anyone hear that Taylor that plays Jacob is dating Sabrina Gomez?

14. TwinLove

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Jun 2 2009, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1338590[/snapback]
    I think I will have to use the word "cool" as cholee did because I feel too perverted to refer to these young actors as hot

Is he over 18?

15. lalalauren86

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Jun 2 2009, 08:16 PM) [snapback]1338609[/snapback]
    Is he over 18?

Taylor Lautner
    Born Taylor Daniel Lautner
    February 11, 1992 (1992-02-11) (age 17)
    Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.
    Occupation voice actor, actor
    Years active 2001 — present

PEDOPHILES!!! LMBO!

16. KYsweetheart

QUOTE(lalalauren @ Jun 2 2009, 08:08 PM) [snapback]1338594[/snapback]
    Did anyone hear that Taylor that plays Jacob is dating Sabrina Gomez?

Selena Gomez, you mean? ;)

Here is where I get all my new moon info... http://www.newmoonmovie.org/

17. TwinLove

QUOTE(lalalauren @ Jun 2 2009, 09:20 PM) [snapback]1338615[/snapback]
    Taylor Lautner
    Born Taylor Daniel Lautner
    February 11, 1992 (1992-02-11) (age 17)
    Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.
    Occupation voice actor, actor
    Years active 2001 — present
    PEDOPHILES!!! LMBO!

:grr: Okay, so I can't say he's :spiteful: for another year. :gah: I guess I'll go for "he's cool" too. :p

18. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Jun 2 2009, 10:55 PM) [snapback]1338736[/snapback]
    :grr: Okay, so I can't say he's :spiteful: for another year. :gah: I guess I'll go for "he's cool" too. :p

:rofl:

BTW, can you believe we still have 6 MORE MONTHS UNTIL NEW MOON COMES OUT???!!!

19. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I have only just finished reading the books and didnt realise they had brought out a twinlight the film! Im going to have to watch it before New moon comes out. My must have been on another planet to miss it lol! x

20. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gina_leigh @ Jun 2 2009, 04:03 PM) [snapback]1338319[/snapback]

I just saw this the other day too, some of the wolf pack is easy to look at (at least in this picture)! :woah: The trailer looked awesome and I'm glad to hear the ending of it wasn't as it seemed. Now I'm getting excited!!!!

21. JDMummy

Jamie, thanks for clearing up that snippet with Jacob morphing! I was really concerned about that! I loved New Moon, and Eclipse! So I am really looking forward to these two movies! And yes, Taylor is totally underage! I am a bad momma! :spiteful:

22. TwinLove

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Jun 3 2009, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1340193[/snapback]
    I am a bad momma! :spiteful:

:girl_devil: Behave Sarah! Behave! ;)

23. lalalauren86

24. KYsweetheart

I am addicted! I can't quit watching twilight over and over and re-reading the books!

I most look forward to watching Breaking Dawn made into a movie!

25. double-or-nothing

26. TwinLove

:woah: Very "cool"... isn't that what we're going with since he's a minor? :laughing: I like it!

27. double-or-nothing

OH MY $%#$@%^%^&%!@#$!@#$#$^%&**(^% GOODNESS!!!!

http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/forum/topics/the-amazing-3rd-nonfanmade

Okay, excited beyond belief!! Have to stop watching this because it's killing me to think that it doesn't come out for 3 more months but man oh man. It's going to be a THOUSAND times better than Twilight.

Man, to be 16 again. That's all I'm sayin' LOL

28. JDMummy

OMG! Thanks for sharing that Mel! :spiteful: I watched it three times! :blush: I second that 16 year old wish too!

29. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Ok, I have not seen any TV in almost 5 weeks and now I am so curious about this trailer.

I think I will re-read the book (and maybe the whole series) before the movie comes out. I love Jacob and can't wait to see that wolf pack!

30. KYsweetheart

Yes, definitely re-read them. I have 3x's and each time I have found something I didn't see before! Or something that didn't click.

31. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I haven't watched Twilight, but will just to see how bad it is! There are some darling actors in these!! :faint:

32. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

Stephenie Meyer recently put this new trailer up on her website, I thought I'd come post it here since it hasn't been yet. New Moon looks like it's going to be soo much better then Twilight!! The acting even looks like it maybe better.....here'e to hoping! I don't remember any serious action happening with the Volturi at the end of the book, except Jane using her gift on Edward. Looks like in the movie Edward goes head to head with Felix. That could be interesting.

I have the biggest urge to pick these books up again for the 5th time....I know I'm such a loser! ;) Stephenie Meyer really needs to come up with some new material. LOL! My best friend and I are planning on going to see New Moon on opening night if we can get tickets. Does anyone know where I can pre-order tickets? I may even channel my inner teenager and get Team Edward shirts for the night! :)

New Moon Trailer

33. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

I've pre-ordered opening night tickets before at Fandango.com

I heard that "New Moon" pre-sales for opening night and weekend (2 months away) are in some cases exceeding some current box office movie sales on ticket ordering websites like Fandango.

My friends (all fellow Twilight saga book fans) have planned a big night out for New Moon. We even came up with a vampire martini recipe for the night :) My one friend has the 6 ft cut out of Edward (RPatz) to attend our party. Sad...huh? We are waiting until Monday after it opens. Hopefully I can wait! It's always fun to go opening weekend to a hot new movie. But some of my friends went on opening night for "Twilight" and with all the screaming tweeners...could not hear all the dialogue.

34. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

Ewww, I didn't think about that! :( :aggressive: I've checked out fandango but they're only selling for the midnight opening and I'm not that crazy! ;) Maybe as it gets closer they'll start selling the later shows. If not then I guess I'll be up early standing in line Friday morning.

35. JDMummy

Trish, thanks for adding the VMA Awards preview! I missed it that night for some reason! My mouth was watering!

I think we will avoid that opening night, for the same reason Deb just mentioned, SCREAMING TWEENS! YIKES! :eek: I think I will just go within that first week, possibly on a week night because there will be "less" people there. :)