New here and a little scared

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ENOB, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ENOB

ENOB Member

I guess I need to introduce myself, my name is Erica and I have a 3 year old little boy and just found out today that me and dh are expecting twins in May of 2007. Needless to say we were/are in shock right now. Wondering how are we going to raise 2 more children, heck we were wondering how we were going to raise 1 more. LOL

I just have so many questions/concerns. So bare with me if I start asking too many questions. Life just seems a little out of sorts right now. I know we are not the first couple to have twins and we won't be the last but it is all still overwhelming right now. But reading some of the stories on here has eased my mind somewhat. Just scary knowing that there will be 2 little ones to look after. I look forward to getting to know y'all and making new friends here.

Erica

2. ENOB

ENOB Member

I guess I need to introduce myself, my name is Erica and I have a 3 year old little boy and just found out today that me and dh are expecting twins in May of 2007. Needless to say we were/are in shock right now. Wondering how are we going to raise 2 more children, heck we were wondering how we were going to raise 1 more. LOL

I just have so many questions/concerns. So bare with me if I start asking too many questions. Life just seems a little out of sorts right now. I know we are not the first couple to have twins and we won't be the last but it is all still overwhelming right now. But reading some of the stories on here has eased my mind somewhat. Just scary knowing that there will be 2 little ones to look after. I look forward to getting to know y'all and making new friends here.

Erica

3. Cajuchopp

Cajuchopp Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hi Erica, welcome aboard! The one thing I can promise you from this site is that you will always have a support team--whether or not people can answer your questions (and 99% of the time, they can!), they will always help you with hugs and support. I am addicted to the site, and I think my dh is sure that I am having a chat room affair! Seriously, I wouldn't have made it through my pregnancy with a certain level of calmness without this site.

Please post anytime you are concerned or have questions. You have at least one advantage over me (and probably more!) in that you already have done the parenthood thing. One of my twins is coming home from the NICU today and I am terrified that I will a) starve him because I don't know how to breastfeed or b) cause some trauma that will send him back to the NICU...

You can do this--in spite of some anxiety that all of us feel at some point, it is a wonderful, beautiful ride.

Welcome and congratulations!

Kristin

4. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Welcome and congrats on the twins!! I remember the "shock" and I'm almost 28 weeks now!(somedays I still feel shocked.....LOL)

You will get through it though, and you have came to the right place. This is a wonderful site and you can get the answer to just about any questions you may have right here. So, post anytime you need to!!

Congrats!!

5. Mandy M.

Mandy M. Well-Known Member

Welcome and Congratulations!!!

6. Beth R

Beth R Well-Known Member

[​IMG] and congrats.

I felt the same way. In fact I still do at times. I worry about how I am going to successfully meet the needs of 2 newborns. But I keep telling myself that I am not the first to give birth to twins that millions before me have done it and done it well. This is a great site. I have learned alot and have gotten so much support. So ask away.

Hugs,
    Beth

7. Merijo

Merijo Well-Known Member

You are in good company. I know that we are not the first to have twins but it still freaks me out.
    The best thing about this site for me is the many success stories. So many mom's are not delivering until way into the mid-30 weeks and that eases my mind.

Take deep breaths and cry when you need to. This is not going to be easy but it will probably be a lot of FUN!
    Merijo

8. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twins and welcome! This really is a great place to get support and advice.

9. HT

HT Well-Known Member

Welcome Erica! Our twins were unexpected also and please know you aren't alone in your fears. I cried for the first 1 1/2 months while trying to figure out how we were going to afford them, care for two newborns plus a 2 1/2 year old while hoping they would be healthy. It's scary introducing one new baby to your life, let alone two. Anyway, I can say I have calmed down during the last few months and am actually getting excited about the twins (although I'm still scared occasionally). I have found a lot of helpful info on this site and hope you will too. Congrats and hope you start feeling better soon!

10. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] and [​IMG]
    It can be overwhelming news at first - but just remember what a blessing they are and one day you won't know how you ever lived without them! GOOD LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!!

11. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to Twinstuff.

The previous posters have pretty much summed up Twinstuff so I will just invite you to share your upcoming appointment and milestone dates in the links provided so we can encourage and support you during your pregnancy.

Don't worry, I still look at my two and think oh my goodness there are two of them and they are now five years old [​IMG]!

12. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

Welcome Erica!

I remember that day - when I got the news we were having twins! We were shocked but so excited - it really is a double blessing! I think it's safe to say that every single emotion and worry goes through your mind - but we're never handed anything in life that we can't handle!

You have found a great resource for getting information about what you are about to experience! When I first found this site, I visited occasionaly. Now, I check in, so to speak, almost every day! Everyone is full of great advice (and I always get some great laughs, too!)

Best of luck to you!
    Nikki

13. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hey Erica! Congratulations on your twin pregnancy and welcome to ts! Your in the right place to be!!!
    Your shock is very common! Most of us experienced it also. One of my favorite books on twin pregnancies is written by Dr. Barbara Luke. It is called When your expecting twins, triplets or quads. In it, she talks about how any major life change, like twins, can trigger a predictable series of emotions. Shock is usually one of the first emotions people have, but sometimes it is anger, denial, or joy!
    No matter how your feeling, you can talk about it on this forum! We are all here to listen and support! [​IMG]

14. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS and Congratulations on your twins! It is an overwhelming thought when you first hear you are having twins. It is such a blessing, though. You will find a lot of support here and answers to a lot of your questions.

15. Tara F

Tara F Well-Known Member

Welcome!!! It is overwhelming, believe me I was overwhelmed with the knowledge of twins twice!!!! Good Luck, Tara

16. ENOB

ENOB Member

Thanks to ALL of you for the warm welcome. I sit here with tears in my eyes reading all your responses. I just feel alone inthis journey as I do not know anyone that has twins, but I NOW feel like I do. I look forward to sharing in your expierences and gainng knowledge along the way.

Well I'm off to reading posts now. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

17. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
    I understand all your concerns!
    More later; I have family staying with with me...

18. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I tell you what this will be great help for you. I only wish i had found it when i was pregnant as the advice i have got on here is pricless. Have fun! x

19. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations Erica and welcome to TS! People here LOVE answering questions and helping out so feel free to ask what you want. [​IMG]

20. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Erica [​IMG]

I totally understand. I did IUI so knew twins were a possiblity but was still shocked when we were told. I cried for a few weeks until I saw them on U/S looking like little babies about 19 weeks. Then I felt much better and knew I could handle it.

Don't feel bad feeling overwhelmed. I think most if not all of us felt that way in the beginning. That's why we are here!

Congrats on your beans!

21. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

welcome! This is such an amazing site - i don't know how i would have made it through the last few months without it. So - come to learn, come to vent, know you will get incredible support throughout this roller coaster ride. And never feel badly or guilty about being scared or venting - we all go through it. Don't forget, you've got TWICE the hormones raging through your body these days as a singleton pregnancy!

22. WEME

WEME Well-Known Member

Welcome and congratulations! It is a bit overwhelming at first but everyone here is very supportive and helpful. Before you know, you will be passing on advice and encouraging a future mother of twins mom to be [​IMG]

23. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS & congrats on your pregnancy. Looking forward to getting to know you.