New, and slightly curious.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by All My Loves, Dec 15, 2006.

1. All My Loves

All My Loves New Member

Hello everyone! Twins run on my mother's side (my maternal grandfather was a twin) and also on my father's, but much farther down the family tree.

This is my third pregnancy (I have a DD; 2.5yrs old and DS; 13 months) and recently found out we were expecting on Thanksgiving, with my LMP being October 19th.

I had to visit the ER recently due to some cramping and spotting (diagnosis was a threatened miscarriage). They did some blood work, and my hcG levels were 61000 iu/l.

I feel I'm showing alot already, being between 6-8 weeks pregnant I have a definite baby bump, I swear I look almost 4months pregnant already!

Are these HcG levels high or typical?

2. All My Loves

All My Loves New Member

Hello everyone! Twins run on my mother's side (my maternal grandfather was a twin) and also on my father's, but much farther down the family tree.

This is my third pregnancy (I have a DD; 2.5yrs old and DS; 13 months) and recently found out we were expecting on Thanksgiving, with my LMP being October 19th.

I had to visit the ER recently due to some cramping and spotting (diagnosis was a threatened miscarriage). They did some blood work, and my hcG levels were 61000 iu/l.

I feel I'm showing alot already, being between 6-8 weeks pregnant I have a definite baby bump, I swear I look almost 4months pregnant already!

Are these HcG levels high or typical?

3. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the levels, and what is high/low....but everything else you're mentioning sounds like what a lot of us experienced before we found out. When do you have an appointment scheduled with your ob? I bet you're super anxious to find out one way or another! let us know what you find out!

4. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

What you describe is exactly what happened to me although I did not have my HcG levels taken early/ go to the ER. I had really bad cramping and spotting and just figured it was an early miscarriage, hate hospitals and didn't want to go. So took another home pregnancy test after my cramping let up and had a very thick 'positive' line.

1st OB appt was at 9 weeks due to my 'advanced maternal age' of 37 and she discovered twins on the ultrasound. I suspected something was different than my singleton pregnancy....showing very early, extreme hunger, worse nausea.

Keep us posted!

5. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I don't know anything about HcG levels but there were quite a few ladies on here who had an ER visit with a worry of miscarriage only to find out it was twins. Your larger size could just be due to the fact that it is your third pregnancy but, it could also be because there's two this time. [​IMG] Congrats again!

6. All My Loves

All My Loves New Member

Thank you for your replies and well wishes!

I am experiencing much more hunger now than I did with my first two. My nausea seems a tad bit more pronounced and I also feel tired more.

I'd be excited to have twins, but I also be excited just to have a healthy pregnancy. [​IMG] I'll keep you all updated! Ty!

7. All My Loves

All My Loves New Member

I'm so damned anxious, I wish I knew now. It's bugging me really bad for some reason, hehe. [​IMG]