Neuro visit update for Maddie

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by LisaLonnie, Feb 20, 2010.

1. LisaLonnie

LisaLonnie Well-Known Member

Just wanted to update everyone on our big neuro appt with little Maddie! These past few weeks have been wonderful which is why it's taken me so long to get back on here and post! :banana: Overall, the appt was just what we hoped for. The neuro spent over an hour with us evaluating Maddie and answering our two pages of questions stemming from last time. We got some reassurance on the positive diagnosis and changed up her medication since she seemed to be having a reaction to it. The neuro also recommended we take Maddie into Childrens Hospital in Boston so we'll be heading in there next month on the 22nd. All good things and we are so thankful!

The best part about changing Maddie's meds is her previously huge personality has come back ten-fold! The other meds (valproic acid) really seemed to have a sedating effect on her and made her super cranky. This new med (keppra) has been wonderful so far. She's showing more interest verbally and does much more jargon speak. She's even gotten back on track to taking her first solo steps. She's so close to being a walker now! The other night she crossed a 6 foot span from a chair to the wall all by herself. We are so excited for her! We're hoping it inspires her sister to show more interest in walking too. Kelsey can stand for hours if she's motivated enough but shows zero interest in walking. She'll talk your ear off though if given the chance! It's too funny how opposite they are.

Thanks again to everyone for your support! What a wonderful community of families we have here on twinstuff!

1 person likes this.
  2. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

What an awesome update!!! WTG Maddie :clapping:

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is wonderful news Lisa! I am so happy to read this. Awesome Maddie!
    I agree we do have a great group here on TS :wub:

4. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Lisa, I am so glad Maddie's appointment went well, and she is responding so much better to her new medication!! :good: I know you had concerns about the neurologist's visit, but it sounds like the best case scenario was confirmed, and going to Children's Hospital will be very reassuring.

Thank you so much for posting an update. :hug: to you and your girls.

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear your good update. I hope this new med continues to work well for her and that her wonderful personality has come back with it. Good luck at Children's and keep us posted.

6. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

thanks for sharing! i'm glad to hear things are going so well. :good:

7. ainsleyr

ainsleyr Well-Known Member

I have been watching out for your update, & I am so glad to hear everything is going so well!!! That is awesome news, & I am so glad that you have your happy little girl back. Keep us updated on the walking! My DD's started walking about 2 months ago, & I m utterly exhausted trying to keep up with them these days!

:hug: to you and the girls!

Edited for spelling. Oops.

8. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hug: Great update. WTG Maddie!!