needing formula

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by [email protected], Apr 9, 2008.

1. angeez78@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

hi,

well my girls started on similac advance, then due to spitting up and a little fussiness went to sensitive. now one of my girls has a milk intolerance and has had 13 sools in 2 1/2 days so switching to alimentum (my son had this issue). anyway it is expensive and am wondering if anyone has any or where can i get it for a good $.

thanks for any help!

2. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

You could try calling Similac and asking if they have any promos for twins - mine were on the enfamil version (nutramigen) and they sent us 2 cases directly AND 2 cases to our pedi.

I had also heard from another twin mom that some insurance companies will cover it (not mine though).

Good luck!

Rachel

3. mseal

mseal Member

Hi! I am in the same boat and registered online for the welcome addition club through similac's website, they never sent any coupons or samples so I sent a message through the contact us section and explained that i had twins and they were both on Alimentum and any coupons or samples would be appreciated. I got two $1.00 off coupons and four 8 oz cans of alimentum. The samples are worth about $50.00 if you bought the same amount in the store, so I was happy about that!
    good luck!!

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Definitely have the ped contact their rep for you! I got 2 cases for each baby, and samples everytime I went in.

5. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

If you go to a private ped, and they have a Similac rep, then there's a multiple's program that you can get a free case from. However you HAVE to go through your ped, and they HAVE to have a similac rep. We're military, so formula companies don't send reps, so we were ineligible. We argued w/ Similac till we were blue in the face and they wouldn't budge! You'd think they'd be willing to help out military folks--- but nope! (and we have BOTH on Alimentum!) :angry: But definitely give the ped a call!

6. Kimkessenich

Kimkessenich Well-Known Member

We get our Nutramigen off Ebay. In the store it's about $28 a can or something crazy like that. We end up getting it usually for about $14 - $18 a can including shipping.

I think the drug reps who are supposed to be giving the cans to pediatrician's offices for their patients sell them on Ebay instead for the money. You should be able to contact both Similac directly to get some for free also (because you have twins)...I did that and ended up getting 2 free cases of Alimentum and 2 free cases of Nutramigen.

Your pediatrician's office should have some information for you - if not, you can ask them to contact their rep for Similac to see if they can get some free for you.

7. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

Hi ...I have 5 ...5 dollar coupon checks...I will be happy to mail to you...just PM me your address! and definately contact Similac and your ped. We take supplement of Enfamil. they sent cases to our home, and the peds office give it to us too! they only get one bottle a day of the high calorie stuff, and then are breast fed....Good luck to you!

Missy

8. jasonsmommy

jasonsmommy Well-Known Member

We are getting WIC for our alimentem for 1 twin and that covers 8 cans a month, what a relief!

9. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if they sell the Alimentium at Sam's Club, but we are on Similiac Soy and that's where we buy it, it's $28 for a 36 ounce can (vs. $24 for a smaller can at the regular stores). It was worth the $40 membership fee.

10. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

This was 11 years ago, but I can't imagine they no longer have these programs. My nephew was on Alimentum and my sis called the company to get assistance. They made too much to qualify for WIC, but it was just barely. They really couldn't afford that expensive formula. The company gave them some kind of discount and the bought directly from the company and had it shipped to their house. I think the peds office had to fill out some form and they had to send pay stubs, etc. Worht calling to see if those programs still exisit.

11. tammygb

tammygb Well-Known Member

try your OB's office, too. they often get samples from the formula companies.

12. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ Apr 10 2008, 01:18 AM) [snapback]714323[/snapback]
    Definitely have the ped contact their rep for you! I got 2 cases for each baby, and samples everytime I went in.

Ditto here! Contact Similac directly if you need too!

13. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

good luck contacting Similac - I contacted them, told them I had twins and for the entire year I had them on formula I didn't receive a single coupon or check - I got LOADS of them from Enfamil (although we weren't using Enfamil)...Similac basically told me to pound sand!

14. Kimkessenich

Kimkessenich Well-Known Member

You should check with your local Walmart, Walgreens or Target...DH found a Walmart that accepts coupons for formula even if you are buying a different brand. Although we usually buy our Nutramigen off Ebay, when we've had to buy it from the store we've used our GoodStart and Similac coupons.

15. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Check Craig's List. I know in our area people are always selling or trading when their babies stop using or change formulas, plus they also will list coupons and stuff.

Dianna

16. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

Granted, my boys are almost 3 but I remember the Alimentum days oh too well! :(
    Insurance could cover it (my nephew is on it now), but it is a process. Worth it though, I bet! Mine didn't cover it.
    Target etc doesnt sell that stuff, sucks, right?????

17. lorig6

lorig6 Well-Known Member

Both of my babies are on that. The expense is crazy! I search Craigs List all the time for it. My ped office gives me samples when I go too. I also went online and registered at Similac. They send a few $5 coupons. I asked if I could get more and they said no. I also had my friends and family register and they mail me coupons. In my area, Walmart and Target are more expensive then BRU and the supermarkets.

Lori

18. crozi1976

crozi1976 Member

Where do you live? I may be able to give you some...my babies are on it, too. We have a whole bunch of the 8 oz cans and found out that for some odd reason (which MAY be in our heads), they get more gassy from the cans and are pretty much fine with the plastic bottles. We can't return it, but it doesn't expire for prob. a year. Message me if you can...I've been looking for someone to give it to who would really need it...