Need your advice quickly.

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by j08w, Oct 12, 2010.

1. j08w

j08w Well-Known Member

Our boys will be 2 years old this month and still sleep in pack and plays (cribs were recalled...). They have always had sleep sacks and no pillows, they do get little pillows at daycare.

One of our boys' is having such a hard time sleeping because of congestion. I grabbed the Boppy and put it in and he cuddled up to it. I am now feeling really nervous and don't know if I should go in a remove it.

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Are you afraid of suffication? I don't think I would remove it, but I would just make sure it's not covering up his nose. At 2, they should be okay with it in there and will most likely end up wiggling away from it. If it makes you overly nervous, then before you go to bed remove it for the night. Anyway, that's how I would handle that.

3. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

ours have lot of little stuffed animals and a couple of blankets and small flattish pillows... I think that once they are more mobile adding things to their sleeping place is ok, right? the boppy is a bit big, maybe you could find something smaller for him to cuddle with if that's what you're worried about.

and yes, I remove something from the cribs after they fall asleep sometimes...

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be a problem. At 2 mine were sleeping with pillows and blankets and toys in big girl beds. Boppies saved our lives at 2 months old when the girls had rsv. They slept inclined in them for a long time.

5. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

Mine are literally surrounded by fluffery and have been for at least a few months now. I thought we were past the SIDS age! Since they can move freely now, I think it's probably ok :good:

6. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

My two have had regular pillows since around 20 months or so. I think they would be fine. Maybe go in to check to make yourself feel better and make sure it's not around his nose.

:hug: I hope he's feeling better soon!

7. dezmitch

dezmitch Well-Known Member

I wouldn't fret over this...my little ones have so much in their crib it's ridiculous. Pillow pets, blankies, trains, books, princess shoes, etc etc. I sure hope you LO gets better soon!

8. betha

betha Well-Known Member

We started with pillows around 18-20 months or so. I bought some decorative pillows that are pretty firm and in the shape of a rectangle. My DD loves her and sleeps on it like a big girl. My DS could care less. They have multiple stuffed animals, books, small blankets, etc. I really don't worry about it anymore. I don't see it as a problem.

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

mine started sleeping with blankets and loveys around a year and pillows around 2 - it shouldn't be an issue...

10. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Evan's had a pillow in his crib since before he turned a year. Getting his head elevated helped him breathe during the night. He's always had a blanket in there as well. :hug:

11. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

My two sleep with pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, books, - it's really ridiculous. If when I leave their room they are playing peek-a-boo with each other by hiding under their blanket or something like that then I will go in and check, and I have moved things if it was too close to their mouths for comfort!

12. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

We put boppies in our girls' cribs for the same reason at about 20 months. They are still sleeping with them now. :)

13. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Yep, ours started using pillows at around age 2 as well. I wouldn't worry about pillows and such at this age. They should be fine to use at this point.