Need words of encouragement for my friend...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by LillyWhite1, Feb 20, 2009.

1. LillyWhite1

LillyWhite1 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where to find the best support on this, so I'm posting in hopes that you all can share words of wisdom and encouragement for my friend. My dearest best friend is 16 weeks pg with her 2nd baby. She has just been put on modified bedrest for the remainder of her pg due to a shortened cervix.

I am trying to make her feel better about things as much as possible since I know what she's going through having been on bed rest myself. But what really helped me was talking to and getting suggestions and words of encouragement from people online, especially here. I know that she's not having multiples but so many of us have been through long long long bed rest times and so I thought maybe some of you wouldn't mind taking a moment to share with her your words of wisdom. Please go to my blog in my siggie and post your words of encouragement and wisdom to help get her through this.

Thanks very very very much!

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

You are a very sweet friend!

3. krisdeb04

krisdeb04 Well-Known Member

Hey there,
    first off I think you are an awesome friend!!!! I got put on bedrest @ 24 weeks for a shortened cervix, ended up in the hospital on bedrest (can only get up to go to the bathroom). My cervix when they measured at my doctors appointment was 1.8, it pretty much stayed at that even through contractions for the next 4 1/2 weeks, I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow and my ultrasound yesterday showed that it was at 1.4. I just tell myself that I am doing this for my babies and in the end they are the ones who benifit from it. This is the hardest thing I have had to do in my life, or so it seems, but I know in the end it will be worth it because I will have two beautiful babies!!!! Tell your friend that she should do exactly what the doctor says and in the end it will all be alright!!! I know it's hard and the time crawls on by, but it will be worth it at the end. I wish her the best of luck and she and her baby will be in my prayers!!! Best of luck to her!

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

She is very lucky to have you as a friend. :)

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I agree, you are one amazing friend. :wub: