Need Help Chosing Handheld computer or toy

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by annagloth, May 16, 2011.

1. annagloth

annagloth Well-Known Member

Hi. My boys are turning three in June and I'd like to get them a handheld computer or laptop SOMETHING to replace (as best possible LOL) my IPHONE which they fight over daily :catfight:
    Does anyone have any good ideas or recommendations...there are so many options and I have no idea between the mobigo and leapfrog stuff THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
    My one DS is convinced he's getting his own iphone (as if). I told I got mine when I was thirty so he has a ways to go :rotflmbo:

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We got our boys the Leapster Explorers for our trip to Italy. They are 3.5 and it says for ages 4-8. Some things are a bit more difficult for them, but they figured out a lot of it on their own. That's all we have and it's all they know, so I am not much help! We don't have them using them often now, but they are nice for 30 minutes of quiet!

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have the Leapsters too. My two figured them out within 20 minutes, how to turn them on, turn them off, change the user, start a game. We prefer the games that are available for download better than the cartridge games.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We also have the Leapster Explorers. Both kids love them & use them fairly often (but aren't obsessed with them, which is great) and I love that the games are educational.

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

At the age your little ones are (even mine really), I'm not sure what will really be age appropriate. I'm planning on getting leapster explorers (or mobigo... still haven't decided) but not for another year.

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Leapster explorers are great. when you upgrade your iPhone pop the sim card out and it works like an itouch. That's what we did with our old ones

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Leapster here too! Some of the games were too hard when the kids were 3, but now that my dd is 4.5 she can play almost anything.

8. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

We got the kids Leapster Explorers for their 4th birthday and they have been a huge hit. Totally worth it.

9. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

I was going to get the girls the Leapster Explorer for their 4th birthday until I read the reviews on Amazon. I went with the Mobigo Touch instead, in fact I just ordered them the other day. The reviews were way better. I haven't given it to them yet so I can't really tell you much about it.