Need encouragement for PTing daughter

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by BeckiAllen1130, Sep 6, 2011.

1. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! I haven't been around in QUITE awhile, but I really need encouragement today. To give a little background, I tried PTing my girls when they were about 2.5 & after many months of frustration, I quit. I then tried a little after they turned 3 & my daughter, Claire, really got it & has been PT for quite awhile. Ashley on the other hand just does NOT get it! I've tried everything with her and it seems like she just does not care to be PT. I keep her in underwear at home, but she will just sit there & pee her pants. Sometimes I run her to the bathroom when I can tell that she's peeing and I tell her that she needs to go to the potty HERSELF and not wait for me to do it and I try to encourage her b/c a lot of times I ask her to try to go potty & she'll tell me she can't. I am at my wits end with her & I just don't know what to do. I am seriously considering sending her to potty boot camp b/c I am so frustrated trying to PT her.

2. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I don't really have suggestions for you, but wanted to offer you encouragement. It looks like our girls are about the same age. Karina PT'ed easily. Annelise nearly killed me. She just got it within the last month. It was 10 months of pure torture for me. Seriously it was like it just clicked one day. I'm guessing the same will happen for your Ashley, but I do understand the frustration you feel in the meantime.

1 person likes this.
  3. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

ugh! we went through several months with my ds of not getting poops in the potty, it can all be very frustrating!

I will say that I did the 3day potty training and it really helped! she has wonderful theory behind what she says to do, and she explains it. anyway, she doesn't have you asking them if they need to potty or you telling them to go... more just asking if they are "clean and dry"? and if yes, praise!!! keep it upbeat and exciting. best $30 I spent!

I know easier said than done... but it was the extra we needed to help with the pee training!

good luck!!

4. sruth

sruth Well-Known Member

I did the three 3 potty boot camp and it did work. It helps to follow it exactly and I bought Dollar Store prizes for each success. However, for my tough DD it took closer to 5-6 days (but starting day 4 she got better and better). Now after 3 months she still goes #2 only in her underware ONLY and wears pull-ups at night. BUT she is pee trained during the day which is 90% of it. She needs to be reminded and told to go every few hours, before she leaves the house, once while we are out, etc. She just doesnt't care if she pee's in her pants!
    I'm glad I did the 3-day potty boot camp because I really need direction for teaching people things...it got us to 90% which I think is better than what I could do on my own. GL!