natural remedies to conceive twins pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by dflowers22, Dec 8, 2008.

1. dflowers22

dflowers22 Member

Hi friends ,
    I m new to this forum , my name is deepti . we are planning for kids and i very much desperate to have twin kids .
    our families dont have any twins history .I had an abortion few months back. is there any chances for me to have
    any twins , if so any advices or any natural remedies to increase my twin pregnancy

Thanks in advance...
    Good luck ...

2. kymbahlee

kymbahlee Well-Known Member

There is a certain type of yam eaten by a tribe in Africa that has the highest twinning rate in the world.
    Eat lots of milk, calcium, and meat (vegatarians are 5 times less likely to have twins I think I read somewhere).
    But, unless you are on IVF or a fertility drug, it really is just a case of absolute luck.

3. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

Have sex twice on your birthday!

:)

Worked for me, but then again I'm adopted and don't know much about my family history.

There is a chance for having twins after an abortion, I'm proof of that.

Goodluck!

4. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

According to my DH, you just need to find someone with "Chuck Norris" sperm, like him, so your egg will split. :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo:

5. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I have ID twins. The whole summer before getting pregnant in Sept., my husband and I ate sweet potatoes and I took 1mg of folic acid. I didn't know about the yams until after I was pregnant with twins, but I find it strange that we ate so many in the summer and ended up with twins.

6. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

We have wood stairs in the house and my bf pledged them one day and right around the time I got pregnant I fell down them, so the joke is I fell down them and split the egg because he pledged them! and I was on the pill.....

7. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

I've heard anecdotal evidence that a lot of twins are conceived by women just after stopping birth control pills (I guess the idea is that you have all these "extra" eggs since you haven't been ovulating). No idea if there's any scientific evidence for this, but it worked for me (not that I was "trying" for twins . . . I was on the pill for most of 16 years, then got pregnant with b/g twins the first month off).

Rachel

8. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinsInFL @ Dec 9 2008, 08:52 AM) [snapback]1103469[/snapback]
    According to my DH, you just need to find someone with "Chuck Norris" sperm, like him, so your egg will split. :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo:

hahahahah that is too funny! i will tell my hubby that one tonight!! :rotflmbo:

9. dallasm

I read lots of folic acid prior to concieving will help produce two eggs. I took mag/cal/zinc along with 400mg of folic acid and lots of cranberry supplements (was trying for a girl and got identical twin boys.....thanks for the joke god...really funny!!! :FIFblush: ) and wasnt trying for twins just happened to have an egg who wanted to split!! I can say that although I am blessed to be recieving twins, I wouldnt want to try to have twins. very difficult pregnancy and financially it will just be crazy!

10. sarawoodside

sarawoodside Well-Known Member

I have a friend that got pregnant with twins while she was taking the vitamin B shot with hormones to help with weight loss. They do tell you that unless you are on birth control your chances of getting pregnant increases and the chances of it being a multiple is raised as well. WE have twins in the family so I was just lucky LOL

11. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

I've read somewhere that soy isoflavones can sometimes act like natural Clomid and trigger two eggs to ovulate at once.

12. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(kymbahlee @ Dec 9 2008, 07:44 AM) [snapback]1103336[/snapback]
    But, unless you are on IVF or a fertility drug, it really is just a case of absolute luck.

IVF/Fertility meds is still just "lucky" too. ;) It's not a given that you will have twins.

13. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dallasm @ Dec 9 2008, 11:14 AM) [snapback]1103748[/snapback]
    I can say that although I am blessed to be recieving twins, I wouldnt want to try to have twins. very difficult pregnancy and financially it will just be crazy!

I totally agree. I would research the risks and challenges of having twins before you purposely try to conceive them. Twins means a high-risk pregnancy, generally a very difficult first year (or at least first several months), more strain on the marriage--parents of multiples have a much higher divorce rate than average, etc. Be careful what you wish for.

14. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Hmmm.
    Why are you "desperate to have twin kids"? Children are a blessing no matter how many you have at once.

15. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

I believe acupuncture is what did it for me.

16. jnholman

jnholman Well-Known Member

We conceived our boys naturally. Here is what we did....
    April 2008, we want to have kids this year and started on a prenatal vitamin
    June 23rd, stopped birth control pills. I have been on them since i was 18 and I am 31.
    Aug 4th, my Birthday we ate and drank with friends at a fondue place and had birthday sex.
    Aug 21st, positive prego test
    Sept 22nd it is twins.

One important thing to tell you: we have 6 sets of twins between DH and I's family!

GL,
    Jenn

17. jordyn25

jordyn25 Well-Known Member

Like someone said twins are not something I would be trying for. Its much easier and its a lot of fun to have one at one time. I mean I am happy that I am having twins now b/c it happened but its never something I wanted before.
    I had just stopped my pill when I got pregnant. I didnt even get another cycle so now that I read that can be a cause I am sure thats what happened.

With my dd, I had just stopped the pill as well and got pregnant that same month......

18. dflowers22

dflowers22 Member

Thanks , to all ur advice ....

19. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

Are you serious???
    <_<

20. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twoplustwo @ Dec 9 2008, 09:07 AM) [snapback]1103821[/snapback]
    Hmmm.
    Why are you "desperate to have twin kids"? Children are a blessing no matter how many you have at once.

Ditto.

21. zanybebe

zanybebe Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry if this comes across wrong. I don't want to hurt any feelings and I am aware that I don't know your story/history. But, why are you desperate to have twins when you were willing to abort a child a few months ago?

22. tashatank24

tashatank24 Well-Known Member

Copied from my post on "Do twins run in your family?"
    And FYI to some of those asking about the abortion, the medical term for what some of us would rather call a miscarriage is 'abortion'. I'm not sure what the situation with the OP is, but I know the term is used more freely in some other countries.

"No twins at all in my family, BUT DH's family is riddled with them. Weirdest thing...
    No fertility treatment either, but here's my theory:

#1. This is my 4th pregnancy (had a m/c with 1st pregnancy at 11 weeks) the more you get pregnant, the higher your chances of twins. Kinda like a slot machine, you keep pulling that lever and eventually...
    #2. My mom went through menopause early and maybe I will too. The possibility of twins increases with age, and I wonder if my ovaries realize I was only 26.
    #3. I was 235lbs in January, went to a weight loss doc in Feb, TOTALLY changed my diet, exercise habits, and overall outlook on life and within 2 months lost 40 lbs. I was taking phentermine to kill appetite, celexa (antidepressant) and metformin (to keep my insulin levels low so my body would not store sugar) I have a friend who was taking metformin for PCOS to help her conceive. I am not diabetic, nor have I ever been told I have PCOS.
    #4. My side of the family is full of lefties and there is a theory that suggests that lefties are survivors of mirror image ID vanishing twins. (Not trying to start a debate at all, this is someone else's theory.) So maybe some pregnancies on my side of the family began as twins.
    #5. I was taking a yoga class which I recently read can help boost your fertility. Long shot I know, but it seems like I was doing all the right things at the right time to make this happen and THEY'RE ALMOST HERE!! OMG!! I'M GONNA BE A TWIN MOM!!! "

23. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

I have to agree with some of the other posts, If I had a choice, I don't know that I would "agree" to having twins. With that said, Im already in love with them and their not even here yet and I would not change things, I just wouldn't have been jumping on the chance to do this I guess? The pregnancy I think has been very hard, much harder then with my singles and the risks that come with twin pregnancy is on my mind every day. Not to mention Im scared poopless once they come. I still have no idea how I am going to do this.

But... I don't know you or your situation. You might be in a perfect situation to handle something like this, just really take the time to think about what you are asking for. You may have already looked at all the pros and cons. I know some families like the idea of having thier kids all at once.

Now... I got pregnant with the twins on Plan B ( also called the morning after pill or emergency contro.) I did some reading and by far Im not the only one that came up pregnant with twins after using it. There might be a small tend to it for some women?

But, good luck to ya.

P.S. If this is really what is best for you and your family you could always pull off Irish Twins....

24. zanybebe

QUOTE(2plus2Tasha @ Dec 9 2008, 12:52 PM) [snapback]1104002[/snapback]
    Copied from my post on "Do twins run in your family?"
    And FYI to some of those asking about the abortion, the medical term for what some of us would rather call a miscarriage is 'abortion'. I'm not sure what the situation with the OP is, but I know the term is used more freely in some other countries.

Hey Tasha,
    You are absolutely right. I failed to remember that the term "abortion" is used in the medical field and to other people in place of "miscarriage" alot of times. Thanks!

25. dflowers22

dflowers22 Member

QUOTE(zanybebe @ Dec 9 2008, 10:12 AM) [snapback]1103920[/snapback]
    I'm really sortry if this comes across wrong. I don't want to hurt any feelings and I am aware that I don't know your story/history. But, why are you desperate to have twins when you were willing to abort a child a few months ago?
    d

heyyyyyyyy u misunderstood me ...
    i am 25yrs , i was pregnant in aug ....but unfortunately my baby heart beat was not hearing ...so i had D&C 3 months back.
    And my doc suggested me to tac some multivitamin tablet everyday .....which i am following .

Is it realy terrible to have twins pregnancy ????

26. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(deepti @ Dec 9 2008, 01:13 PM) [snapback]1104287[/snapback]
    d
    i am 25yrs , i was pregnant in aug ....but unfortunately my baby heart beat was not hearing ...so i had D&C 3 months back.
    And my doc suggested me to tac some multivitamin tablet everyday .....which i am following .

I would say, yes, it is much harder. I wouldn't volunteer for it...

However, the reward may be great too....

That really is something that is based off of you and your situation.

27. zanybebe

QUOTE(deepti @ Dec 9 2008, 03:13 PM) [snapback]1104287[/snapback]
    d

I am sorry. Like I said in my previous post I didn't know your situation and I wasn't trying to judge, just trying to understand. I'm sorry about your last pregnancy ending without a heartbeat. I'm sure you were devastated. I wish you the best in getting pregnant...hopefully with twins! I myself have always wanted twins although after being pregnant with a singleton I'd been relieved knowing how much work one baby was and couldn't imagine two! But, now here I am and I'm ecstatic about the boy and girl I am growing. I don't think my pregnancy has been so different that I would discourage anyone from wanting twins, but it's been relatively easy compared to what others have been through. I think when the twins get here it's going to be a big awakening. I know they are going to be hard, but I'm sure I have no idea just how hard!

28. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SC_Amy @ Dec 9 2008, 12:59 PM) [snapback]1103809[/snapback]
    I totally agree. I would research the risks and challenges of having twins before you purposely try to conceive them. Twins means a high-risk pregnancy, generally a very difficult first year (or at least first several months), more strain on the marriage--parents of multiples have a much higher divorce rate than average, etc. Be careful what you wish for.

QUOTE(twoplustwo @ Dec 9 2008, 01:07 PM) [snapback]1103821[/snapback]
    Hmmm.

They said it for me.

I had a very difficult pg and my twins came at 33.4 wks. They have been in the NICU 11 days now.

We did nothing and twins do not run in our family. H came home one night and said, "lets make a baby' we got 2!

29. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

People have many different reasons for wanting twins or multiples, and I find it fascinating. Just curious, why do you want twins so badly?

30. skybluepink02

skybluepink02 Well-Known Member

Well, you could get pregnant the cycle after a miscarriage the month after your husband has open heart surgery... I wouldn't recommend this method, personally. It's a bit overwhelming.

Seriously though, we had no idea that women were extra-fertile after a miscarriage. We were planning to wait a while after DH's surgery to try again and I had no idea I was fertile so quickly after a miscarriage. I figured you had to have a period in between. Turns out you don't!

31. roxannechaves

roxannechaves Member

QUOTE(skybluepink02 @ Dec 9 2008, 07:06 PM) [snapback]1104462[/snapback]
    Well, you could get pregnant the cycle after a miscarriage the month after your husband has open heart surgery... I wouldn't recommend this method, personally. It's a bit overwhelming.

Seriously though, we had no idea that women were extra-fertile after a miscarriage. We were planning to wait a while after DH's surgery to try again and I had no idea I was fertile so quickly after a miscarriage. I figured you had to have a period in between. Turns out you don't!

haha, that is how i got preggers with my son! Miscarried a week after Vday in feb. 2 weeks after, I was feeling rather horney and nine weeks later I found out I was preggers with my son. What a shock that was! I thought I had to get my period back before I could get preggers again!

As for me, I think i just tend to hyperovulate. My first daughter was a twin but I lost the other baby (who never really developed) at 10 weeks. With this pregnacy, I am not sure. I knew something was up when I had what seemed like extreme ovulation pain a week after I finish my periods. I orginally thought I might had a cyst on my ovaries, ER ran cat scan on my abs, pap and blood work but everything came back normal. It kept happening every month, so one of my doc advise me to go on a diet since I was over weight, by that time The pain was still there but wasnt as bad, almost like my body got used to it...Took about 3 months to loose 60 lbs and in July I found out i was pregnant. It wasnt until I was 13 weeks when I found out it was twins that I told my husband "no wonder why I was hurting so bad!!!"

anyway, pretty much it was just good ole sex that led me to this point!

Roxie

32. jasonsmommy

jasonsmommy Well-Known Member

Wow.. I would never say twins have been easy. I love my babies to death, but it chaos! Especailly when they were longer!

Sometimes when I am at stores checking out, the young girl cashiers say to me, "Ohh I want twins!" And I want to say, "You want me to smack ya?"

33. dallasm

I think people think it would be so neat to have twins until it actually happens to them. i was really upset after I found out for about 4 months until I learned to let go of my control (or lack there of) the situation. This pregnancy has been totally different from my singltons and I was always a person who enjoyed being pregnant. Well this pregnancy has cured me of that! :p Financially it will change our whole lives and our household will never be the same. That I had to come to terms with. There is a lot more than just concieving. There is the rest of your life you will have to plan for and think about before trying things that will bring you twins. I think people on here would agree that our twin pregnancies have not been easy and have been very stressful from day one. thats why they call it high risk. please make sure you realize what you are faced with before trying to concieve twins.

34. jordyn25

jordyn25 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(deepti @ Dec 9 2008, 04:13 PM) [snapback]1104287[/snapback]
    d

Actually my twin pregnancy has been great and not any different than with my daughter- no complications or sickness and at 38 weeks still goin strong......thats not why I was saying that wanting twins was something you shouldnt want. I just think caring for 2 children the same age at once isnt all that exciting. I loved being a mom of one baby and then one toddler and now one "kid". I waited till she was 6 so I could have that experience again. Its fun and easy and it flows nicely-life doesnt get too hectic and everything just works.
    I never wanted twins and when I found out it was hard. Just thinking of the stress and hecticness and finances and having 3 kids-not 2.....
    But like I said-I am totally okay with it b/c it was God's plan and I will be fine and I am blessed but anyway-just making a point. Having just one and once is GREAT!!!!!

35. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I loved being pregnant with my twins and yes it was a bit more of a worrisome pregnancy but my twin pregnancy was great! It is not easy to take care of 2 babies but it thrills my heart each and every second!! I wish that everyone could have a great twin pregnancy like I did - if that were the case I would wish twins on everyone!! If you want a set I hope you get a set! sounds like the other posters have given you great ideas on how to increase your odds! ( We did IVF praying for one - we got SO lucky and got our dynamic duo!)