Nanny Rate in this age group 2-4

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by 1stbabies, Dec 14, 2012.

1. 1stbabies

1stbabies Well-Known Member

I see that the daycare rate dropped as kids get older and the ratio increase. I havenot found nanny rate by age to compare. Is Nanny rate only based on number of kids? Or is it down when the kids older than 2 just like daycare ? (This is for the Nanny that don't have additional house keeping tasks.)

What is the rate for this age group?

Thanks in advance for the feedbacks.

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Daycare rates drop because daycares can put more toddlers in a class than babies so they require fewer teachers. Nanny rates don't drop because a nanny still spends the same time with your kids no matter how old the kids are.

We paid $14 per hour for a live out nanny when our girls were that age.

3. SC

SC Well-Known Member

We paid $14/hour when the boys were 2 (live out). At the same time, we paid $10/hour if the nanny had our baby, who napped most of the time when she had him. She never had all 3 at once.

4. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on where you live as far as what is normal pay. I live in southwest Virginia (closest "big" city is Roanoke) and lots of people around here pay live out nannies $10 an hour. But I agree with Idril, that it would most likely cost a nanny the same rate whether the kids where 1 year old or 3 years old. You might find somebody will to go a little bit cheaper for hour, but I would wonder if they would cut down on quality of care in that case. As in plop in front of the tv more rather than playing outside with them or doing puzzles, crafts, etc with them.

5. 1stbabies

1stbabies Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the replies.

I also found http://www.care.com/widgets-p1313.html too (posting here in case some one also look up the same info.)

6. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I actually gave our baby sitter 2 raises last yr. the older the kids get, the harder she has to work. Taking care of them is easier but busier. She does a lot of things with them now: coloring, drawing, singing, playing balls, outside time, story time, going to doctor/dentist, going to playground/library,....Our baby sitter doesn't much time to rest like she used to before. I also give her presents for birthday, Xmas, lunches,.. I have to fly out of town for business every quarter, I need a trustful and reliable sitter to take care of my kids so I don't need to worry about them. She always there when we need it. We treat her like family. I totally trust her with my kids.

1 person likes this.