Name question, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, Feb 26, 2009.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

So we want to name our girl Lillyella....Lilly because I love that name and ella is my moms middle name, ellen is my middle name, and eleanor was my Nana's name....Were putting it in with the first name because adding the la makes it more brazilian and my husband wants to use his mom's name as the middle name because she passed away so it will be lillyella Uacy.

How should I spell it:
    Lilyella
    Lillyella
    Lillyela

2. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

I like Lilyella with the one L in lily....beautiful name!

3. mkcondrey

mkcondrey Well-Known Member

I know this isn't one of the options, but I think changing the y to an i would be pretty too. Lilliella. But otherwise, I like Lillyella. Beautiful name any way you spell it though!

4. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

Lilyella :) I love it!!!!

5. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

LOVE Lilyella!

6. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

Yes, Lilyella or Liliella are both great! The second one can give her some individuality... but both are fantastic!

7. njobe

njobe Well-Known Member

a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.....even by a different spelling. I love that name - very unique and exotic sounding. The first one looks more like a correct spelling to me.

8. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dblyblessed @ Feb 26 2009, 03:44 PM) [snapback]1206894[/snapback]
    I know this isn't one of the options, but I think changing the y to an i would be pretty too. Lilliella. But otherwise, I like Lillyella. Beautiful name any way you spell it though!

I LOVE the name.. i wish i could be that creative with names.. all though im not.. unfortunately.. but i love ur choice, it is very pretty but unique :). I was going to suggest Lilyella by changing the y to an i. (Liliella) But if not, i would choose to spell it Lilyella. Again i have to say, i love Lilyella.. its the first time ive heard of the name.. ovouisly and its so beautiful. :wub:

9. neebee

neebee New Member

hey there and hello... say, it is a lovely name... yet, too, be careful when school comes (ages 5-7), as some kids may pick-up on the 'yella' part, and could start teasing her (old yeller)... the second spelling would prevent that... or a hyphen in the first choice spelling....

yet---when you bring a child up strong and secure, she will be fine :) ... kids can always and will tease, any name, if they want to bad enough.... and not many kids may end-up reading her name... (this would be the only way they would pick up on the "yell" or "yella")....

wow, sure i hope i was not out of line to worry this way... :mellow: --- i was very fortunate, as my son's name was rainier... and he could have been teased, as rainy... etc, but rainy was so near rene... that we got by okay....

well, whichever spelling, you sure have a wonderful name, and one that will bring honor to the family history... :)

10. Jen Mac

Jen Mac Well-Known Member

I like Lillyella :)

11. megan smith

megan smith Well-Known Member

What a lovely name! I like the Lilyella spelling.

12. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

What a lovely and special name!

I like Lilyela (one l in each) or Liliela, still just one l in each.

13. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I like the spelling Lilyella. It is a very beautiful name!!