Name question for the new baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by hot2trottt4u, Mar 17, 2009.

1. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

we have been talking about girl names since we found out its a girl.
    we both love one name alot that is on our list
    Gabriella or Gabrielle but we would call her Gabby for short.
    here is the part we are unsure of
    twins names are
    Mason & Abigail
    who we call Abby
    would that be weird that our two non twin girls are Abby and Gabby?
    would love to hear what you think...

2. GirliesGalore

GirliesGalore Well-Known Member

I totally get why you're asking because I too thought about how all of the kids names would sound together. :D I don't think it's weird at all to have Abby and Gabby and them not be twins, but it might get confusing when you're trying to call them around the house.

3. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I would see if you had a different Nickname....we thought about Anna, but had already picked Emma...Anna and Emma were too close for us. Too similiar for labeling/saying. But that is just us!

If you love the name use it!

4. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I think they're a little too the same, but it's such a personal thing. If you like it, who cares what we think, LOL?

5. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Gotta be honest, but Abby and Gabby are way too similar for me. I actually think it would be even "stranger" (for lack of a better word) if they were twins.

6. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

Abby and Gabby are too close in sound for me. I really dont like the rhyming aspect but that is just me.

7. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Why dont u call her Ella.. as a nick name? I mean u'd still call her Gabriella most of the time right?

8. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Brizzy_Twins @ Mar 18 2009, 12:46 AM) [snapback]1233232[/snapback]
    Why dont u call her Ella.. as a nick name?

Exactly what I was thinking! :good: Full name Gabriella and call her Ella.

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

If I was in the same situation I would be asking the same question. But when it comes down to it, I do not know how you and dh are aout name choosing but once my dh agrees on a name it is set in STONE! My dh is such a pain when it comes to names that if we finally agree on one I am taking it no matter how similar it is to one of our older kids!! We had kind of that problem w/ Addison. Our last name kind of clashes with it (same first 2 letters) . BUT we love the name Addison and could not agree on any others!! My feeling is that if you both love the name - go for it.

edited because I like to run my mouth and I worry about everything and did not want you guys to think we had named Addison: Addison Addison or Addison Madison or anything like that!!

10. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ktfan @ Mar 18 2009, 01:33 AM) [snapback]1233290[/snapback]
    Exactly what I was thinking! :good: Full name Gabriella and call her Ella.

i like this but not sure if we are going with Gabrielle or Gabriella
    we were leaning more twards Gabrielle
    and my sisters daughter that lives about 1 mile from us is named Ellie

11. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

What about calling her Belle?

Names are so hard. We can't agree for anything. The one we both kind of like is like Heather's... the first 3 letters of a 4 letter name are the same as the first 3 of our last name. Sounds ridiculous. Other than that, we're soooooo very far apart in names we like for this little guy.

12. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

I agree with most of the post saying they would be similar, but who cares if you like it! I know DD is Lilly, dog is Lucy, and we have (Aunt) Laura over all the time...and that gets tedious - and they don't even rhyme!

BUT, I really love both of those names...so pretty!