My Twins Jackson and Stella are here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by watersurfers, Jul 25, 2009.

1. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Yay, my turn to post!!!
    So exciting!

Well, to start, I went in to the hospital at 7:30 am Wednesday, July 22nd, for a scheduled induction at 38 weeks and 2 days. I was already dilated to a five by the time we induced, so it wasn't too long of a wait. We got to the hospital and they did an US to make sure both were still head down, which they were. They hooked me up to pitocin and the doctor came in and broke my water around 9:30 am. Contractions started around 10:30. Had an epidural around 1 pm. They checked me again around 2:30, when they were going to insert a fetal monitor (as they kept losing baby A, who was hiding behind baby b). BUT, when they checked me I was already at 9.5 centimeters dilated! So, off we went to the OR! In the OR and ready at 3 pm. Pushed five times for baby A, who was born at 3:26. And then two minutes later baby B was born - both vaginally.

Baby A - (Jackson) weighed 7 pounds
    Baby B - (Stella) weighed 5 pounds

Both are doing great! We had to stay an extra night due to a little jaundice on Stella. I am doing great. Only have a slight elevation of Blood pressure, that we will just monitor. Could be from three days lack of sleep and all the meds.... so hopefully it will resolve itself with in a few weeks.

Anyway, thanks for reading my story!!

Molly

2. serialmommy

serialmommy Well-Known Member

congrats!!! that is wonderful that you were able to have them vaginally!!! if my cervix would dilate on it's own, i'd do it that way too..but alas, it won't....oh well...i can't wait to see pics!!

3. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Great story, glad to hear all went well.
    Welcome babies!! :banana: :clapping:

4. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the first year! Congrats on keeping those babies cooking so long!

5. fahrenheit79

fahrenheit79 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the birth of your twins, and thanks for sharing your story with us!

6. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

YAY! CONGRATS momma! You sure cooked em nice and long, good job! So happy it all went smoothly! Post some pics when you get a chance! :)

7. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I was wondering how things went for you so glad to hear everything went smoothly.

Welcome to the world Jackson and Stella!

8. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your babies! Sounds like you had a wonderful birth experience. I love their names!

9. pittmane

pittmane Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Now, where are the pictures of your new little babies??

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! Welcome to the world Jackson and Stella!

11. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations Momma!! Welcome to the 1st year!! :woo:

12. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm so glad your birth went really well!

13. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:yahoo: Congratulations Molly!!! I'm so glad everyone is home and doing great. :wub:

14. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your little ones & :welcome: to First Year!

15. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

Wooop woop!! Congratulations! So excited to see you had your babes! See ya over in the First Year Forum!

16. opalbarb

opalbarb Well-Known Member

congratulations! I am scheduled to be induced in 2 weeks and I'm hoping mine goes as smoothly as yours. Way to go!

17. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congratulations!!

18. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :yahoo:
    LOVE the names! :wub: :wub:

19. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

I too love the names that you picked, so cool. :good: I am so glad to read that you had both of them vaginally I would love to be able to do so, and when you hear birth stories like yours it gives me hope that having twins, doesn't just mean a ton of complications. Great job mom! Enjoy your little munchkins.

20. sparkle77

sparkle77 Well-Known Member

I second the love for your names -- Jackson and Stella. Those are real names. Love em!!!

Congratulations on your smooth birth and your lovely babies!! :banana:

21. leahkatebrown

leahkatebrown Well-Known Member

Wow big congratulations!!! And I agree with everyone else, love the names. :D