My twins hate looking alike

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Chrissy Nelson, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Well the girls have turned 9 and they hate being twins. Allison wants to grow out her hair for ballet but does not want to look like Zoe (who has long hair). They do not understand why people just do not take the time to notice their differences to tell them about, Zoe has a freckle on her cheek so it is really not that hard.

I do not think I am going to make it through teen years if this keeps up!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I remember when my sister did not want to be a twin and it hurt. If I wore a sweatshirt, she'd change. :( I hope they find ways of being different and find ways to embrace their twinhood.

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Different hair styles, different clothes... it's not always fun to be a twin to be honest. It's easier when they get their own tastes for activities, have different friends, are not in the same classroom etc. Frankly it got easier for me at 14 because finally I wasn't with my sister all the time anymore.

4. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I agree with different clothes and hair. It does help. Mine have said on occasion that they do not want to be twins, but it is usually when they are fighting. I keep saying I'm not going to make it through the teen years, as well. I can't even imagine how much worse it could get, some days.

5. SuzyHolland

SuzyHolland Well-Known Member

My boys are so different... I always say that the only thing that makes them twins is there birthdate.
    They have asked..."when we are older are we still going to be twins?"
    I must say I have always seen them as indivuduals.
    They have there own hair - clothing style. 2 totally different personalities
    Cosmo is 5 cm taller and skipped a grade...he tells everyone he is 58 min older hahhaha.

Good luck with your girls
    Ask your girls what they would want to change so they will look less alike??? maybe they have some good ideas

6. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

awwww. This is when I'm glad I have boys. They pay no attention to detail :)

1 person likes this.
  7. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

Mine don't look alike and the older they get the more pronounced their differences are. BUT I will say I think its more than just not wanting to look alike that comes along at this age. Mine often don't want to breathe the same air as the other. I think (I hope!) its just a preteen/puberty thing, just being ornery and contrary just because they can.

I completely wish mine just want to be in the same room sometimes..............because then I can be in a different room covering my ears and hiding!