My stomach feels numb to touch during BH contractions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by monica77, Jul 9, 2010.

1. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have been getting more frequent Braxton Hicks contractions lately, which I think it's normal for being 29 and a half weeks pregnant with twins, but lately I noticed that while my stomach is really hard during these BH contractions, if I touch it, it feels numb to the touch. I want to ask if you ladies feel that also. I am blaming it on the fact that my skin is stretching so much that my nerves are farther apart that they used to be... but I want to see if anyone else had that too. When my stomach isn't so hard, it doesn't feel numb.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I honestly dont recall BH causing numbness. Can you put a call in to your doctor to see what that could be?

3. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

I don't remember being numb during BH just tight and really uncomfortable, Although, I know my skin stretched a lot (50 in around [​IMG]) that some areas were extremely sensitive to the touch, almost a burning/stinging sensation and in my lower (under belly) belly it was pretty numbimg - didn't really have a lot of touch sensation. You could always mention it to the Dr.

4. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I called and talked with the nurse, she said it's normal. The skin is so stretched and also during contractions the babies are more cramped so it is possible they are pushing against my nerves on my belly and that's why it feels numb. Nothing to worry about.