My son has become a role model for those who refuse to potty train.

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Stacy A., Apr 13, 2009.

1. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

My mom was talking to a friend from church today named Kim and this is how their conversation went:

Kim: Is Ian (my DS) potty trained yet?
    My mom: No. Do you have any ideas for us?
    Kim: No, I was hoping you might have some for me. Cameron (her DS) is going to be three soon and refuses to go on the potty. I tried telling him that all his friends go on the potty. I was naming people and he said to me, "Ian goes in a diaper. We play cars together and he's my buddy."

Seriously! My son in his stubborn refusal to go on the potty has become a role model for little boys who don't want to potty train! :rolleyes: :lol:

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well, at least he's a leader not a follower! :lol: Seriously, I don't really have any advice, I know it's frustrating! :hug:

3. Cindy H

Cindy H Well-Known Member

I had one hold out on me. But when he did train finally at age 3 he did day and night and we have had very few accidents.

I do believe they train when they are ready...we can invite, intice and beg them but they need to be ready physically and in my son's case mentall and emotionally. He wanted to do it on his own terms not mine!

My advice, keep offering and trying new approaches. I finally borrowed a little potty and put it in the bathroom. He used it the first time and only 2 or 3 times after that because once he knew he could do it he wanted to use the big potty.

Each child is different. With 5 I know what I am talking about! Each trained differently.

Cindy

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: OMG!! that is so funny! He will potty train and so will his followers!

5. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I've got 2 followers right here!! BOTH of them and we are just about the same age---3 yrs 6 months and no sign of PT here, just a lot of puddles and dirty undies! UGH!!!

My favorite response is

"I already went TODAY!" Welll--yup we go lots of times a day....but they think if they go once they are golden.

6. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

followers here too! At 3 my DS has peed ONCE on the potty completely by accident...