my husband passed away yesterday

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by cristine, Dec 14, 2006.

1. cristine

cristine Member

I am 18 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins, my husband died of cancer yesterday, it sucks that this happened, I have family to support me. Is ther anyone out there with insight? [​IMG]

2. cristine

cristine Member

I am 18 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins, my husband died of cancer yesterday, it sucks that this happened, I have family to support me. Is ther anyone out there with insight? [​IMG]

3. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I have no insight, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am. I'm very glad you have family to help you through this.
    Helen

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

OH I AM SO SORRY!! Please know that even if we have not
    gone through that - we are all here to talk to -everyone here is so supportive. You are in my thoughts and prayers [​IMG]

5. yellow77

yellow77 Well-Known Member

i am so very sorry. i am glad that you have family to support you. do they live nearby? my deepest sympathies to you. i can't imagine how hard it must be.

6. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

I am so sorry! [​IMG]

7. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.

8. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

9. mooshie

mooshie Well-Known Member

oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. I have no insight, but I'm glad you have family to support you. you'll be in my prayers.
    Michelle

10. ~*CHELS*~

~*CHELS*~ Well-Known Member

sorry to hear about your loss. stay strong for the babies. were all thinking about you.

11. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Cristine. [​IMG] My mother died of cancer so I have an understanding of what that journey is like, but I cannot imagine what you must be going through, having lost your husband while pregnant. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I hope your family and friends are able to provide you with some degree of comfort during this time. We're here for you, too!

12. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I am soo sorry for your loss!

13. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

Cristine,
    I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your husband. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. I have sent you a PM if you want to talk please let me know.. I am so happy you have a good support system it will be a big help..
    Lindy mom to Stephanie and Nana to
    Cameron and Corey

14. jkjulius

jkjulius New Member

Oh my gosh,

I'm new to this forum, but I just saw your thread and I had to respond.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I'm glad to read that you have a support system in your family. I wish you peace and comfort.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,

Sincerly,
    Jody

15. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Oh my! I'm so incredibly sorry. I just don't have the words right now, but please know you can come here for any support you need. [​IMG]

16. Beebs

Beebs Active Member

big hugs to you. I'm so so sorry you lost your husband. Hope you keep coming back here- we can support you too.

17. candicane05

candicane05 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. This must be such a difficult time for you. I have no idea what you must be going through; however, I have have lost both of my parents to cancer and I do know how difficult it is to see your loved one suffer. My twins were about 14 months old when my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I found that they were such a source of joy for me during a very difficult time. Sure, they were demanding but such a wonderful distraction from my grief. I sincerely hope you experience that joy as you progress through your pregnancy and after they are born. Your babies are such a special gift from your husband and they will most certainly keep his memory alive. My best wishes to you and again, my deepest condolences.

18. kayleesmama

kayleesmama Well-Known Member

I'm so very very sorry for your loss~

19. momoftwoangels

momoftwoangels Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I am so sorry for you loss, it must be devasting

20. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

You have my deepest sympathy. I had a close family member die of cancer and it was hard then, I can't imagine losing a husband that way. Please come visit here anytime you need support. [​IMG]

21. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I echo everyone else's sympathies. Losing a husband is something I cannot even begin to imagine. I've lost several family members to cancer, most recently my brother. He was married with five kids, and after a rough first year without him, his family is doing remarkably well. You will come through this, but in the meantime, life is going to be very rough. I hope the support of family, friends, and your new sisters here at TS will help carry you through. I will be praying for you. I hope your babies will be a bright spot in all of this.

22. LLA

LLA Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss.

23. GrammyB

GrammyB Member

Like all the others, oh my, I am SO sorry for your loss. I know there are no words that can really help, but know that our thoughts and our prayers are with you and with these two precious babies. Take care of yourself........

24. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I am so deeply sorry for your terrible loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I believe it is actually a blessing that you are pregnant with twins because now you will always have a part of your husband with you. When you look at your beautiful babies, you will see him and be reminded of the love you shared. They are a gift to you from God!

25. Mandy M.

Mandy M. Well-Known Member

I am so so sorry. You are in my prayers.

26. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss.

27. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I wish I had some insight for you...

Thank goodness you have the suppoort from your family.

You will get through this - and you yourself are carrying on your husband's legacy with the two lives you are creating!

Take care...

28. lovebeingmama

lovebeingmama Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

Wendy

29. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I, too, am so saddened to hear of the loss of your husband. I can't imagine what you must be going through! I lost my father when I was thirteen, and I've lost four babies as well, but each loss is different in its own way. I'm so glad you have family there to support you...that's so important. They, too, can't really know exactly what you're going through, but just being there helps, huh. I'm sorry I can't really offer any specific insight as I don't know the specifics and I don't know YOU, but please know that we care. [​IMG] Take good care of yourself and your babies! And feel free to share here at any time. [​IMG]

30. SilvrHeart

SilvrHeart Well-Known Member

I have no words to express how sorry I am for your loss. I pray that you will be able to stay strong for those little ones who need you more than anything. Please let us all know how we can support you through this difficult time.

31. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

32. Jude Rose

Jude Rose Active Member

I don't know what to say. What a shame. I truly wish you and your growing family the very best.

33. MOM2AAA

MOM2AAA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. I will be praying for you. Let us know if you need ANYTHING.
    Jenny

34. 4kids4Cat

4kids4Cat Well-Known Member

Oh, MY! You poor dear! [​IMG] Big hugs to you. [​IMG]

I agree with you wholeheartedly; cancer does suck. How long was your husband ill? Do you have other children? It is fortunate and good to hear you have family to help you, in this difficult time.

You will be very busy, when your babies arrive..... please remember to let your family take the babies every so often, so you can take time for yourself to breathe and grieve. Hang in there. You will get through this.

35. jenagee

jenagee Active Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that God will give you the peace and comfort that I am sure you need right now. I am glad that your family is there with you. My daughter's father recently died in Oct. and here are some verses that we found to help us get through it.
    Isaiah 43:2: Even through much suffering, God is always with you.
    John 14:27: There is no need to feel alone and afraid because we have God's peace.
    Psalm 23:4: Grieving the death of a loved one can be overwhelming, but God walks beside us every step of the way.
    1 Corinthians 15:26: God promises that death is the last enemy to be destroyed.
    1 Thessalonians 4:14-18: We can experience grief with hope because of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. If we believe in the hope of Jesus Christ, then heaven becomes a place of wonderful reunions with our loved ones.
    Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope.
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    There is another verse and I don't know where to find it but I know it by heart and it says nothing can seperate us from the love of God.....this means not even ourselves. God bless you and we will be praying for you.
    Jen