My girls are here, early but doing well

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by baby2hughes, Aug 8, 2008.

1. baby2hughes

baby2hughes Well-Known Member

Morgan Rachel and Taylor Rebecca made an early debut at 32 weeks 3 days. My water broke unexpectedly while driving around town with my parents who were visiting one more time before the babies came. Just happened to be about 5 miles from the hospital ( I live 45 minutes away). When I got to the hospital I was already dialated 3 cm and 80% effaced. Both girls were breech so I got my C-section after all, just 5 weeks early. Both girls are healthy but in level 2 NICU for monitoring. Taylor has a oxygen hood to help her regulate her levels, but she is breathing on her own. Yay. Morgan is getting some UV light for slight jaundice, but I can hold her and feed her and change her. They were born 3 lbs 11 oz and 3 lbs 15 oz. We will be going home without them this weekend, but I think they'll only be here for a short while. At least I am keeping my fingers crossed.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u358/sh...anTaylor013.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u358/sh...anTaylor012.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u358/sh...anTaylor007.jpg

I forgot to say they were born on Wed. 8/6/08

2. msamoyedny

msamoyedny Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They look great and I'm glad to hear they are doing well.

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations Momma! Your girls are beautiful! Feel free to visit the NICU forum if you have any questions or need support! I hope their NICU stay is short and uneventful. Take Care!

4. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

The are beautiful. I hope they go home with you very soon.

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations Shawna! Can't wait to see you in first year! I hope they come home soon!

6. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Congratulations & WELCOME Morgan & Taylor!!!!!!!!!
    They are adorable :wub:

7. tashatank24

tashatank24 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous girls!! Look like they were ready to meet their family. Get lots of rest this weekend before your girlies get home!!

8. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

Congrats they are beautiful!! I hope they are home with you soon. Did you receive steroid injections at any point in your pregnancy?

9. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

They are absolutely beautiful! I hope they stay healthy! Congrats on such beautiful babies! Job well done Mama!

10. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

Congrats! They are beautiful.

11. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Congrats on your girls. Come visit us in the NICU forum-we have lots of MoM who have BDTD ready and waiting to give you support if you need it.

12. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are beautiful :) . I hope they're home with you soon!

13. baby2hughes

baby2hughes Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mstofko21 @ Aug 8 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]921228[/snapback]
    Congrats they are beautiful!! I hope they are home with you soon. Did you receive steroid injections at any point in your pregnancy?

No steroid injections. I had no issues really. One day a few weeks ago I had some contractions but they went away after a bit and I was checked at the hospital and there wasn't a reason they could find for them. Not sure why I went into labor early. Didn't have any symptoms of PTL. I just drank about 2-3 protein shakes a day which I think helped them gain weight.

14. Jberman

Jberman Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

15. dmhooten

dmhooten Well-Known Member

They are just beautiful and they look great for being so little bitty :) Hope they come home soon!

16. tburke75

tburke75 Well-Known Member

Your girls are beautiful and they look so healthy!! It's hard to believe that I have two that size in my belly. Good luck and I hope they go home with you soon!

17. lukesmom325

lukesmom325 Well-Known Member

Congrats !! :a_smil09:
    They are beautiful and I am glad to hear they are doing so well!!

My doc said he would be happy if I made it 32 weeks (which sounds so early to me) so I am glad to hear such a great story about 32 weekers doing so well!!

Get some rest!! GREAT JOB!!

Laura

18. ymillenbaugh

ymillenbaugh Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are beautiful!

19. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your girls! :Clap: They are adorable. I hope their NICU stay is short.

20. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

EVERYONE who comes in your room .... hand them a camera and get them to take a picture of you with each of your babies and with both of your babies. When you can get a family photo. Give that camera to nurses, friends, family, EVERYONE !! The babies get pictures of never the mom with them. Everyday take a picture of them, they change even in a day. Get a newspapers the day they were born, grocery flyers, coins, etc. First bath, leaving the hospital, in the car seat, etc. Can you get video ?? Use the video on your camera if you have it.

Enjoy those babies.

Heather

21. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! They are both gorgeous!! I hope their NICU stay is a short and uneventfull one x

22. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Congrats Momma! They are absolutely adorable! :wub: I'm so happy to hear they are doing good. :hug99: I hope that their NICU stay is a short one.

23. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! They look beautiful!!

24. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Glad they are doing well. They are precious :)

Dianna