My crib tents recalled

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by christinam, May 19, 2012.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I just found out the crib tents I use on the girls bed have been recalled. I can get a refund which makes me feel better since I just got them two months ago but I'm more worried about the girls having to be switched to toddler beds. :(

2. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

You can try summer sleep sacks. Toddler beds are not that bed. They just need some time to adjust. Good luck!

3. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Our boys turned 3 today. About 2 months ago Brandon climbed out of his crib. So we took the mattress support thingy off their cribs and put their mattresses directly on the floor inside their crib. That added another 3 inches or so. And while he initially started to try and hike his leg over the crib wall, I watched him on the video monitor and when I saw him doing that I went in and scolded him. Nothing horrible, just told him he needed to lay down and be a good boy. Now a couple of months later they are still in their cribs, and Brandon hasn't tried to scale the crib wall in weeks. We have their room mostly toddler proofed now, but we haven't pulled the trigger on converting their cribs to toddler beds yet since they seem to not mind the cribs and currently don't try and climb out.

4. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I was thinking of maybe trying to take the support out so the mattress lays on the floor but I'm not sure how sturdy the cribs are without the base. I'm going to have to move them to toddler beds. The tents are still on and they're finding their way out. UGH I was hoping to keep them in their beds until they were three. :( One of the main problems is we have a bunk bed in the room. I can't have them climbing up/down the ladder. I'm going to make a cover where they can't climb the ladder. I will work on that this weekend and take down the sides Sunday.